Friday, February 29, 2008

Rant...

I am going to show my stupidity here..but you are all used to that.

Today on the radio I hear that $4.00 gallons of gas may be here before Memorial Day, and that $3.50 would not be out of the question as early as April 1st. Yet, somehow, we sit here. What I mean is NOBODY wants wind turbines, NOBODY wants to use solar..everyone just wants cheap gas.

In a recent issue of Popular Science they talked about installing these turbine like blades on highways. They'd attach them to those signs that stretch all the way across the highway. They say that the wind caused by the cars passing by could power a few homes. Sounds like a good idea, but what I have noticed around here is there are so many cars hardly going 10MPH on the highways during rush hour not sure how it would work. Sarcasm aside, why not?? I am sure the reason is there is no money in it, nobodys pockets to line.

I guess it really bothers me that we have so many options that appear to work yet so little is being done to get folks to convert. Everyone feels that solar takes too much to even get going (meaning huge panels to get a music box to play). They want to place turbines off the coast of Cape Cod and all the rich boat owners are bent that it will ruin such a beautiful water way. Get off your effing high horse..oh wait its easier for you to bitch it costs you 150.00 to fill up your boat.

I'm going for a walk.......

3 Comments:

At Friday, February 29, 2008 3:53:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Let those prices get high enough and people will be pushing for wind turbines in every inch of free space. When I travel around in Germany they have wind turbines all over the whole country, they are so cool looking, I love them. And how much does gas cost? About $8 a gallon.

 
At Friday, February 29, 2008 5:21:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

Gas is #3.34 at the station closest to my house, so I guess $3.50 isn't too far off. Great. Thank goodness I'm confined to my home with a newborn. :)

 
At Friday, February 29, 2008 6:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the truth is that wind turbines are actually quite lovely to look at when they are turning in the wind. I've been to Germany and they are all over the country side...it's not so bad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home