Monday, September 17, 2007

This too shall pass.....

Over the weekend I had a few hours to do some errands. Mrs March was working 3-11:30 Fri, Sat and Sunday. I needed to get a new radio for work. You might be saying..Why? I like having a cd player that is not my computer. Turning stuff up/down, pausing you name it..bugs me. Couple that with the fact that some days I load in cds and you'd swear the computer was going to explode. The cds would "whir" so loudly in the computer co-workers would wonder what was going on.

I had a cheapo cd boombox for work and it recently decided it no longer wanted to open to let me put cds in. I did get 10+ years out of it.

I went to some local stores to "look". I don't want anything too fancy. I went to Target, and of all places Kmart..i haven't been in one of those in YEARS. Finally I went to Best Buy. After finding what I wanted (less than 40.00 after all) I just poked around some. Hey, guys are like that..beer, BBQ, electronics stores..don't try to understand..just accept it.

Near the video games they had Guitar Hero connected and I had heard about it..but never played. I strapped on the guitar and the idea is pretty basic..a series of color patters scrolls along with the song. You press the color that is on the screen down on the guitar as you "strum" (press another button). The more you get right, the more your rock. Well I just don't rock. It was harder than I ever expected. (Easy level is just as complex as 3 color codes..it goes up to 5). I tried it again and completed the song and was given "rock status" but I didn't feel so rock and roll. Its fun to play, you botch a note (or a few in my case) and the audience groans in disapproval. It is fun enough to consider buying..but I don't have any gaming system so I'd have to start from scratch..and right now..I can't go there. So, I hope this will pass..it will but I am ready to rock again.

Oh the song I played and botched..."Radar Love" and the game tells you "Made popular by White Lion". Oh...popular and White Lion..never thought I'd see that sentence..

6 Comments:

At Monday, September 17, 2007 12:46:00 PM , Blogger Dim said...

Golden Earring gets no respect, man.

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 1:09:00 PM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

I keep telling the Mrs that I want XBOX 360 for my birthday now that it is under $350, she keeps telling me to go pound sand.....

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 2:20:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

That Guitar Hero game is hysterical! I suck at it, but it sure is fun to play. You know you can get a playstation 2 for like $80 at Target if you really want the game. I have an XBOX system but am thinking of getting Playstation 2 just because they've got a lot more choices of games to buy.

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 5:09:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Guitar Hero looks like so much fun.

 
At Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:31:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wondered about that game. It sounds like fun but now that I hear that the audience *groans* when you hit a bad note...? Gah...I don't think I have thick enough skin.

 
At Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:13:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

dim - agree
S+Joe - we need XBOX live..monday night games NHL..you are going DOWN

ello - it was fun..try it.
Jenny - try it..its fun
Trish - as noted its fun..but the boo's are more funny because you realize you stink so bad! hahah (not you..but at the game)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home