Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Couple of things...

Well the first day of school has come and gone and it seems "okay". Surprisingly Little March had a rougher day than littlest march did, at least that is what she wants you to hear. She was upset about the lack of "snack" and that she had to "hurry at lunch" and that they had "first recess". If life were always this complicated eh? We try to listen and be supportive. "Give it time, its only the first day" but she worked herself up pretty good. We are helping a single mom in the mornings starting today. The daughter and little are good buddies so the friend arrived about 7:45 and the two got to play before we headed to the bus. Things seemed better.

Littlest March came home and had an empty lunch box and no lunch money (that's good it got used!). He is still a little confused as to why he can't leave school and go to daycare after lunch. He did pretty well. He had music yesterday and told me about circle time but that was about all the water I could get from the stone.

So one down and we are in to day two. Things will get better as the routine gets more locked down.

Onward.

Last night after hockey I was flipping around the late night television shows. I was watching the tale end of Nightline (i don't watch it..I was checking to see if Jimmy Kimmel was on yet). Anyhow, Nightline does a section called "Sign of the Times" and the story was on the latest hot exercise/gym class. Pole Dancing (link is to a CBS story, pretty safe for work image).

The women in the class were talking about how they loved to do it, how they understood how hard the "dancers" work and the like. They never talked to the instructor, but the the class mentioned their favorite part of the class was the "1-3 minute free dance" at the end of the class.

Put out a tip jar and the class might pay for itself.

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:18:00 AM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Isn't it great how the kids can go to school have a great time and when you ask them "So what did you do at school today?" they usually reply "I don't know" or "I don't remember." My 6 year old now says, "Mom it's too complicated and I'm too tired." then proceeds to gossip about her classmates with my 8 year old. Sheesh! They grow up so fast. Oh, and I am a bad mommy cause I forgot to pack them snacks last week. So I made sure to go to Costco and now they have snacks this week. But apparently the teacher made a comment that the snacks weren't healty. Grrrr. Hubby went out and bought lots of fruit cause apparently I am missing the gene that helps pick out good fruit and now the kids have healthy snacks today. I guess I'll be eating the doritos by myself.

Oh and by the way, I linked you as a favorite place on my blog! Hope that's ok with you.

And I believe my word verification of the day "pudjixku" is actually an ancient mayan word for "you are a putz." Because apparently I can't ever get word verification right the first time!

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:36:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

ello - you are on my bloglines as well as blogroller (love bloglines subscription version).

Its funny with snacks. You want to send stuff they will eat but try to be "good" too. I wonder what other parents send. Today in littlest marches was a bag of popcorn and a single chocolate chip cookie. He has a juice box as well. I did toss in a few grapes today as well. Again, I try to be good..but 5 bucks says the grapes come home today.

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:36:00 PM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh yeah. I could just see me doing a 1-3 minute pole dance.

uh huh, yeah right.

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 7:44:00 PM , Blogger cubmommy said...

Glad to hear everything went well! It is so tough letting go some of the control at least for me it is.

My Hubby would like for me to do that type of exercise and I told him in his dreams.

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:33:00 AM , Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

So glad all went well. My guys are out the door too, finally. But, um, I don't think anyone would want to see me do a pole dance. Ahem. Although I did dance, period. All freaking day.

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:11:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

In my class the snacks range from the super healthy kids who bring carrot sticks, cucumbers and water to the kid who brings cookies and chips everyday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home