Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bottle a morning like this up for later...



This morning when the kids woke I remembered I had promised little march she and I could sneak off and go to breakfast one day before camp..and before camp ends for the year.

She woke up, hair all messy and i whispered "Do you want to go to breakfast?" She lit up and was ready in moments.

Littlest March has just 2 weeks left of daycare before he starts Kindergarten so he was anxious to get there.

Little March and I went to a small local greasy spoon. It was delish. There was 1 other patron there and little march and I talked about "What is the best jelly" and "the best way to eat bacon". It was silly (but that is what we are). We dove in and ate everything up.

As we walked to the car Little March says "Thanks Daddy".

No honey, thank you. (I said but thought as well).

Take a 30 minute time frame and bottle that up, let it out during the work day some day. I know as she gets older I will be even more embarrasing to hang around with so I'll take these moments when I can get them.

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:45:00 PM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

That rocks, those moments are the best, funny how the smallest thing to you and I means the world to them.

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:12:00 PM , Blogger cubmommy said...

What a wonderful moment! A great treasure

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:43:00 PM , Blogger psacake said...

I know as she gets older I will be even more embarrasing

Aint that the truth..

Dad.. drop me off at the corner OK? So my friends don't see you.

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:44:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

I am so sappy but stories like this really make me tear up. They grow so quickly and all of these moments become treasured memories we sigh over as they race off to join the real world. I love hearing stories like this from a Dad's perspective.

Thanks.

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:05:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Oh and by the way, HSM3 will be the cast in their senior year and apparently Disney is releasing it in theaters first so I'm sure this time next year we will all be in line for a HSM3 reunion movie event. Ain't life grand!

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:18:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

You're such a good dad.

 
At Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:52:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

Priceless.

 
At Friday, August 24, 2007 4:53:00 PM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home