Monday, September 10, 2007

Another post with no direction..

Just stuff firing off here.

I am kinda glad I am old enough to not care...the MTV Video Awards were last night (based off reading my music news web pages). I know, insert joke here about "They play videos?" or what have you..but remember..if you are over 25 and "care" you are pretty sad.

Sirius started up an all Grateful Dead station and so far its great. I was lucky to see the band twice. Mrs March a few more times than I but that pales in comparison to many others. A lot of people are indiffernet on the band, but a live show playing on a road trip = awesome.

Speaking of tunes...I head the new Band of Horses tune. That link is to their myspace page. Check out the first track under the "streams" called "Is there a Ghost". It starts of a little "slow" but builds. It kicks 100% ass. You'll love it...trust me. 2007 is hands down the best year for music in a long LONG time.

I was reading Lozo today and he made a comment about how he was watching an NFL game and Fox was showing the Baseball scores. I commented on it, but wanted to put it out there. I think ALL the scrolling bars on the bottoms of tv channels needs to be like Close Captioning. I can turn it on or off. I hate stations like MSNBC that have to scroll stuff that they "don't want to cover" but feel they need to tell you. I also get a kick out of how on Sportscenter you will be watching highlights of a game..and the hosts are telling you its a nail biter..then the score scrolls across the bottom of the VERY game they are talking about. Finally, and perhaps its just the TV news that I watch but follow me. The sports highlights are showing "golf" and the hole is hidden underneath the CBS logo or whathave you. The sports guy is saying "Oh look where the hole is...ummm where???!??!?!??!"

So I want to go on record as saying I am the guy that came up with the idea of making those bars being a close caption option. I'll buy you all lunch with my first million.

Wrapping up with the kids...

Littlest March is starting to get the idea he needs to check his backpack for "notes from home". Late last week we did summer reading coupons. Each coupon got tossed in to a drawing for a $5.00 gift card to Barnes and Noble. I did at least 10 coupons for Littlest..cut them up, bagged them and said "You have notes". He came home with the notes. Little March did 10 coupons as well, and won a card so she was jazzed. A lot of "fighting" to get the project done but she did it.

Last night after dinner somehow we got on the subject of "swearing". I am not even sure how we got there..but the talk was about cursing for some reason.

Little March - I know a few swear words.
Me - you do?
LM - yeah..just some.
Me - do you think there are a lot??! (of course there are)
LM - no
Mrs March - where have you heard them?
LM - camp and stuff..not a lot but I have heard some.
Mrs - is it BOYS?
LM - no, the girls mostly
me - whew...
Now we were not asking her to say stuff..we go on about saying its not a good habit, and we don't approve etc. Little wraps up with one that leaves you giggling, and wondering..

LM - well I don't know the really BAD ones.

okay for one you just said you didn't think there were more...and two the ones you know are not bad?

7 Comments:

At Monday, September 10, 2007 10:13:00 AM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Hey this band is great! Thanks for the recommendation. This is why I love your sites, all this new great music I've never heard of. I actually really love their other song called "First Song" and am going on iTunes to buy it.

And you know, my middle child came home to me awhile ago and said, Mommy, why is the f word so bad? I paused and said what f word are we talking about, and she said "You know... fat." I choked up. I really did.

 
At Monday, September 10, 2007 11:33:00 AM , Blogger jenni said...

I stopped caring about MTV a long time ago, thank God.

(Speaking of magazines, what is your favorite music magazine?)

 
At Monday, September 10, 2007 6:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess at the swear words LM knows are bollocks and minge.

 
At Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:38:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

Those scoring updates will never go away as long as there are fantasy leagues....

The Dead... "Ripple" still brings a smile everytime I hear it.

 
At Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:04:00 PM , Blogger Viszlát Sjáumst said...

The scoring bar, more affectionately known as the "ten-minute ticker," will never go away .. not so much due to Fantasy sports, as the ticker has been around alot longer than Fantasy has been this popular.

The original reason that was 'invented' has to be for gambling purposes... although, nowadays, it is getting more detailed due to Fantasy sports.

Either way, I ignore it when I need to. As long as it's not overly intrusive, I can live with it.

The logo stuff you mention tho - that's another story. It serves no purpose but self-promotion.. and that is what's so annoying about it.

 
At Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:26:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

ello - glad to help!

jenni - i get spin, rolling stone, blender and Alternative Press. Online beats them all as far as immediate news.

kp - indeed.

annoyed - whoa is that you?

Viszlát Sjáumst - i hate that damn logo..get rid of them all!!! Close caption it damn it.

 
At Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:35:00 PM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

I bet it started with you cursing about the dam logo on the screen!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home