Monday, July 9, 2007

Little March gives it to me straight.....

A few days ago,if memory serves me correct we were still on vacation, when little march looked at me sitting on the hotel bed flipping through one of my ten magazines I brought because, hey vacation! I can catch up on some reading! She looks at me...and says...

Dad..you are nothing but a "Daddy Couch Potato!


She said it more jokingly, probably not sure what it really meant but at least in my eyes (and by definition) I am not a couch potato. Do I like some couch/tube time..heck yeah but I am one of those parents that is all too active in what their kids are doing. If I am not drawing miles of chalk roads in the driveway/street for littlest march I am drawing, coloring, playing or what have you with little march. I wouldn't change a thing honestly..but it was funny she called me that. Guess i need to step it up some. Anyone want to play 18 this weekend?? or fish for 6 or 7 hours??

On to the other stuff.

Saturday my brother (and his wife) had a graduation party for their oldest two. One graduated college, the other high school (my brothers step kids we are not THAT old!). They rented a hall, had great food (oh dear lord the Chicken Marsala was unreal) and a DJ. Little March (and littlest) do like to dance..little march more so. Over the last few years she has learned most of the line dances (Cotton Eyed Joe, Macarena, Cha-Cha Slide etc). Great songs they are not, but they do get a fair number of people up on the dance floor. As the evening progressed the music turned towards what the "guest of honors" tastes were..which is fine.

Suddenly I became my father/parents.

What is this crap? In speaking w/Mrs March as well as Mr+Mrs Psacake it was "did the last song end?" The kids of course don't even dance (heck not that my box/side stepping moves are all that slick) but these kids basically stand on each others feet, rock back and forth, and then wave hands in the air (like they just don't care) and yell "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". The songs also are of some length they seem to make Stairway to Heaven seem short. All I remember was we were supposed to yell "Skeet Skeet Skeet" at one point.

Little March and I sat at the table and had some water to cool down after our FIERCE YMCA and Macarena. Little wanted to dance with the older kids but she called it "Teenagers music".

They played the Cha Cha Slide again (hey these are 18-22 year olds..showing up on time..pffff). SO the dance floor was pretty full and I tried my moves out on that..it went pretty well. I still can't bring myself to do the Electric Slide though.

This old couch potato got whipped in to mashed this weekend.

3 Comments:

At Monday, July 09, 2007 1:36:00 PM , Blogger Potsie said...

I'm assuming you don't know what skeet skeet skeet means...

 
At Monday, July 09, 2007 8:10:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

In the words of D4L, "You make me skeet, skeet, skeet like a water hose." I'm going to go kill myself for knowing that now.

 
At Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:37:00 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

If you feel the urge to do the electric slide it is time to put down the adult bevarage and step away from the bar.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home