Wednesday, September 6, 2006

How I met my linked blog buddies...

Links are funny. People are thrilled to be "linked" (myself included). The other day I was thinking "Where did these people come from" since when I started I didn't know anyone in blog world. So I decided to break it all down.

I am not gonna link here but I will go in order as to what you see over under my "blogs"

Forgotten Disc Friday - my second blog devoted to checking out records I love(d), giving them a full on listen again and seeing how I can convince you to check it out, or skip it totally. Recently it got a mention on Boston.com

KK - a former co-worker who has moved south. He is an avid bike rider and all around decent dude. Any time I'd ever think about eating a donut I'd wonder how he'd react and then I'd drive right past. Granted I never ate carrot sticks instead, I just didn't stop for donuts.

Jenny G - when I first started blogging I used the "next blog" button to see what was out there. Like playing Russian Roulette I passed a series of sites before landing on hers. She loves pop culture and seemed "funny". I added her to my faves then after a few comments said "I am gonna link ya". She was the first "stranger" i linked to as well. Her pop culture references are worth the stop over and she is a fan of the Office so its all good..now if I could get her and everyone to stop watching American Idol......

Brother B - my other brothers brother. Can't tell you the # of times I have botched my template and sent a frantic IM. Always fixes the template right up, now if he can help w/my grammar and content..

Dim - current co-worker. Actually met at work when I saw him grab a Hum cd at a local music shop. He is a hockey fan, a music lover and a pretty funny dude. His posts are always worth waiting for honestly. New to Dim? Read his post on "myspace"here (well scroll down to the July 7th entry). If you don't laugh you have no soul. And yes that is the real Dim in the images.

SammyJoe - known this dork for 35 years. Joined the military but when he got "higher up" he refused to tell me if the government was hiding the truth about UFOs. Bigfoot and who really shot JFK. He is legally allowed to carry a gun now...for WORK!. They never called to ask me for a character reference...but if I ever get a speeding ticket in Virginia I know who to call.

Sharon - friend of KK. Got to know her via KK and his love of the band moe.. Sharon has seen them some huge # of times. She teaches spin classes and posts her play lists as well as some cool recipes now and then.

Rusty - she is good friends with Jenny G. Got to know her thru comments on Jennys blog. Again, kept my eye on her then added her as a link. Recently she moved to become a teacher. We are all waiting for the stories! Also if you love Luke Wilson and NASCAR look no further. The woman loves her NASCAR.

Emetic Sage - current co-worker and actually my supervisor. He writes posts that are filled with big words and he loves watermelon. He used to love blogging and always complains he gets no comments on his blog but he is the last person to comment on mine. We used to be giddy about updates to Lozo and Fresh but there is a new "Sage". He walks at lunch (copies me) and said "No" to cake yesterday....F-.

KP - current co-worker and arch nemesis to Emetic Sage. We love KP and wish he'd update his myspace blog more but he said he'd only rant about work and I am too scared to be yelled at in cyberspace.

Annoyed - i tape and trade live concerts. One day I was on Phishhook.com and there was a message board or bulletin board post about "check out my angry blog" or something. I was new to blogging so I decided. Funny freaking stuff man. He is recently engaged and his significant other has started a blog ( i need to link I know). He has a second blog as well that tells the twisted stories of his youth. The new impending nuptials should be what I like to call "Blogging gold" when he fights with DJs and caterers.

Brad - if I am allowed to have a blog crush on anyone its brad and his page. His cluster maps look like the final scene in War Games, he LOVES music and posts his recordings. Call it blog envy this blog is the jam.

Lars aka Guinness Tooth - "met" via the Sigur Ros message board. Passionate about music and cars. Go check his site out and click his flipping ads.

Lozo - another "lucky find" under the next blog button. I read his best of and thought it was some good stuff. I added to faves then asked if he minded me linking. He hates the Yankees and loves masturbation and hockey (don't we all?)

Diddyone - former co-worker. she only updates like every 2 weeks and was recently promoted to a manager at her company so i expect updates to be even less frequent. She never comments. She used to IM with me and sing guitar solos of songs playing on the radio.....now she is all "important".

Darren - he is one of the moderators of the Sigur Ros message board. He has some very cool pictures on his blog of places I probably will never see. He also moderates the message board of one of the best bands on the planet..nuff said.

BH - met this guy when I was a disc jockey at The River. He was on before me and we were uber dorks for the same bands. Each week we'd trade cds of bands the other needed to hear. New to the blog world he needs a job that lets him post more often.

Hebrew Hero - current co-worker and also pretty new to bloggin. I'd say Sage and I were responsible for getting him to blog..so, if you have read his blog on behalf of the Sage I'd like to apologize if you have clicked over. He loves his steak too.

Fresh Air Lover - I think Sage found this blog first. she edits articles for a living and amuses us with her stories of trying to find "Mister Right". Her office stories are a riot. She updates just about every day of the week too which is key.

Pog - friend of current co-worker that actually worked at my current place of employ. She lives in Ireland now and started a second blog called "Sucky Cd Sunday" in response to my Forgotten Disc Friday. She is a good one to link as she comments and starts fights with Sage.

Hotwire - I *think* i read some of his comments off Fresh Air Lovers blog. Seemed like a cool guy so I started "watching him". Sports fan, music lover and dad like me so I had to add. Cool recent posts are his Steely Dan review as well as his own going 100 things about me.

Popculture - this is the USA Today pop culture blog. She updates 3+ times a day. Add this link and you'll know everything you need to in the world of music/movies/tv.

Pitchfork - the web site music fans love to hate. Nuff said as one day they will read FDF and come calling...i swear its gonna happen.

Rare Records on Ebay - This is always a great read. Even if you don't know the band/artist Chris Ott, a former writer w/Pitchforkmedia.com will check out those "rare items on ebay" and lets you know the 411. He is the first guy I'd actually admit to not wanting to even start a game of Rock and Roll Jeopardy against.

Sigur Ros - just a link to the bands main page.

Live Show Trade Page 1 and 2 - I attend a LOT of concerts and tape most of them. This is a list of my "bootleg" collections". Why 2? Well both are free, one is better than the other and crashes less often etc..long story.

Dreams of Genevieve - she posted a Sigur Ros review once on the board and I checked out her blog. She writes the way I wish I could. Clear, well thought out grammatically perfect.

Ryans Smashing Life - the most recent add. After I went to see the Foo Fighters a few weeks ago I google/blog searched some keywords. He posts a SLEW of mp3s. He knows his stuff, check it out.

Hip2beSquare - another Boston music lover. He added both this page and FDF without asking me..he just liked it I guess. So I like him back!

There are a few other blogs I have been reading off each of your links I hope/plan to add soon. Ramblin Rose, B(aka Running with scissors) Annoyds better half to name but a few.

Got a blog I need to check out..(no f'ing spam you losers) toss it in the comment box. And if you wanna share some linky link action lets roll!

-march

16 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:51:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa, I think I might be blushing.

(thanks!)

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:13:00 AM , Blogger Greg said...

dude, the day you sell your kids on the black market is the day i'll comment.

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:26:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

What about radio Jen? Not even a posthumous mention? ;-P

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:47:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Great post. Your entry about me made me chuckle.

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:35:00 PM , Blogger Ryan Spaulding said...

I was certainly glad you found me! I will try to live up to your expectations.

An excellent premise for a blog post. Well done.

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:03:00 PM , Blogger Rusty said...

Even though we all got a mention (well, most of us), it still made me giggle a little to read mine. I don't imagine that when you started off, you figured you'd ever be mentioning NASCAR in your posts, unless you were making fun of it or something - it's a tiny honor to be part of the reference. :) I'm so much more than racing, though!...but of course, you knew that.

Thanks again for the little shout-out. I'm proud to have a great guy like you in my "Blogs I Read + People I Love" list. Many of my blog friends have moved across that plus sign from generic to special in the past year. :)

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:42:00 AM , Blogger jenni said...

Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoy your blog, too. But on which board did you read my Sigur Ros review? I didn't post it anywhere, so I'm curious where you found it. Man, I love that band.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:04:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

fresh - yeah its funny how we seem to get connected.

brad - no need to blush your blog rules man.

Sage - some days they ARE for sale.

Jennifer - get off myspace and come back to bloggin! (same w/yer sig.other!!)

Jenny G - you make ME chuckle.

Ryan - i read every day..great stuff!

Rusty - even though I scan the Nascar stuff cuz I "don't get it" I never try to make fun of peoples passions...i am glad you love it and write about it!

Jenni - perhaps I did a Sigur Ros blog search?? dunno..anyhow the band brought us together! The new EP has the videos and they make me cry..i love them

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:58:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

Don't you remember on the old Sigur Ros MB when you gave away free copies of a few bootlegs? You sent me a copy of Montreux back in '01 or '02. That got me hooked on trading, and eventually I figured I should pay attention to you in case you gave away more freebies.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:57:00 PM , Blogger pog mo thoin said...

March - excellent post! I love to see all the different blog personalities summed up here. Its all good fun, isn't it?

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:27:00 PM , Blogger Steve H said...

great idea march. i was thinking about this stuff the other day (like fresh begat march who begat sage etc).

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:57:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow great post March... I loved it sooo interesting how people connect etc...

I will now add you as my link....

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:31:00 PM , Blogger Diddyone said...

Dickhead. I am so not a manager and i posted even though i am at work, it's 11:30, and i am going to pop some pills or someone.

peace out homey.

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 12:19:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

Could BH be none other than...BXXXX HXXXXXXX? The same River DJ I knew who I went on after for a while?

AWESOME!

I just bookmarked him!

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 12:20:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:29:00 AM , Blogger B. said...

Neat to see how you know/met all these bloggers. I now read a lot of the blogs from your links.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home