Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Catchin up..

Well I am back.

First..thanks to everyone on the right of my blog for giving me one more reason to delay getting work done. I had a few days to catch up on!

Friday the Marches and I went to Lake Compounce in CT for the day. We arrived about 10 minutes after it opened and left 10 minutes before it closed. It was a long day but man it was a blast. The look of joy on little march when she and I rode "WILDCAT" (a big/adult) rollercoaster was one of the best. Littlest March loved the bumper cars and we had a fun. Barring the great memories my fave moment of the day...Deep Fried Oreos. Shut your pie hole they ruled. When else can you ever eat like this (well I do it most days but man it was great). We stayed near the park that night and the marches were excited the hotel had a pool. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and I waited all day to do something "wild" and then used the line "Well I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night" but it never materialized.

Monday Mrs March and I took littlest March to Boston for an appointment. He did great, we rode the train and had some time to kill before getting the train back home. We rode The Swan Boats which, even after 35 years of living in MA I had never done. It was warm, but littlest March liked watching the ducks bob up and down. He had a blast riding the Subway, escalator, elevators. He is world traveler..too bad his little legs got tired and I had to give him a shoulder ride for about 1.5 miles of walking. Whew.

On the train ride home littlest march tired from his day fell asleep on my shoulder. Any parent will tell you this is one of the best greatest things ever. Its better when you are on a couch or big comfy chair, but now that he is older and it doesn't happen so often you don't balk at the chance. The ride was pretty uneventful until the girl behind us (i never saw her only heard her) threw up about 6 times. All I heard was retching then the splashes. I couldn't offer help or anything since little march was in dreamworld. The girl was saying she was sorry to people around us (hell who "means to throw up") and thank the lord there was no odor. That would have been horrid.

I lost my effing cell phone on the train that morning but it was "found" so that saved me some worry and an expense that I didn't want to deal with. I just need to check the cell bill when it arrives and see how many calls were placed to Thailand.

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:03:00 AM , Blogger Potsie said...

Sounds like a fun day. Swan boats are always a good time; I'm suprised it took you this long to ride them though. I think you need to trek into beantown more often. Take the kids on the Freedom Trail, or go on a whale watch. (remember Dramamine)

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:33:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

Awwww. :)

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:19:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

hey fresh.
There is some information on the history of them on that site. There is a book called "Duckings on Parade" that is all about this Public Garden and how these ducks try to move in to the pond. It was published in the 1950's or 60's? Its kinda a staple here in MA.

They are bascially pedal boats bur run by "guides" and you just go around this pond. Its not that exciting but its a neat idea and littlest march did seem to like it and that is all that matters.

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 4:31:00 PM , Blogger Mr. A said...

Glad you guys had fun... And thanks for adding this "new stuff" thing to your link list.

Saves me the trouble of having to go to 15 different blogs 6 times every day.

I come here and I'm all set!

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:07:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Sounds fun and I'm glad you got your phone back.

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:51:00 PM , Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Welcome back - over 15 years in Boston and never got in a Swan
:-( I will have to move back and do it. I've kissed the blarney stone though, can you tell? ;-)

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:04:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

Hey March, remember my story the other day about the drunk driver I reported? That was right out in front of the access road to Lake Compounce. They've done a lot to improve the quality of that place the last few years. I almost went this weekend (it's about 15 minutes from my house), except I managed to get a sinus infection in the middle of effin' July.

 
At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 6:12:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

lake compounce is pretty cool - i hope you waved to me on the way down I-84!

i love it when the kids fall asleep on me. i can live off of that for a week.

fresh - they swans are like the ones at the philadelphia zoo, only much better.

 
At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:00:00 PM , Blogger Rusty said...

Awww! The entire middle section of that post was completely precious. What a great dad you must be.

The last part? Gross. But I'm glad you got your phone back...can't wait to hear about the bill after all those international calls!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home