Thursday, April 6, 2006

ummm words...

Read today that the DaVinci Code by Dan Brown has sold over 500,000 copies in paperback and the publisher has upped the initial pressing up to 6 million (from 5 million). This book has sold 40Million copies world wide. That is just amazing to me..that is Thriller like numbers. Makes you wonder who still needs to buy a copy. Granted I didn't buy mine but I read it. I wish I read more.

Anyhow 40 Million seems impressive to me and it got me wondering what the biggest selling books "ever" are. I know the Bible is first (and I know there are lists for non-fiction, children etc). Well I decided to use the web. Found a very cool site (again if I read more I'd really probably like it). Much like what IMDB has done for movies the The IPL (internet public library) has done for books. Have look if you want. The one that has me is the kids best selling list (heck what I don't read of adult books I all but make up for in multiple readings of kids books) but the Porky Little Puppy is #1? Never heard of it. Green Eggs and Ham is 4th on that list with a mere 8.5 million copies sold..it must be that kids books are just "donated" as they get older..I swear its given to parents when they leave the maternity ward.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:17:00 PM , Blogger Kris said...

DaVinci Code - hmmm..never read it and don't own a copy. No real interest really...I'm sure it;s good, but....eh...

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 3:45:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

It's The Pokey Little Puppy :). I loved that book when I was a kid. I've heard from a bunch of people that I should read the Da Vinci Code, but I buy my books at a used book store, so I'm pretty much limited to what other people have brought in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home