Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday Randomness...

Some Randomness.

Drug companies have out sourced about half of all clinical drug trials to India, China and Brazil, where its easier and cheaper to find people willing to take
unproven drugs for free - Wired.

About 46,000 veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have already gone to Veteran Affairs centers seeking treatment for mental health problems - Newsday

Harvard Univestiy's endowment of about 26 Billion exceeds the gross domestic product of more than 100 nations and is greater than tat of any non-profit instituituon in the world, except the Catholic Church - LA Times.

$30.00 worth of raw popcorn can generate $3,000.00 at a movie theater concession stand - LA Times.

The latest plastic surgery craze is "virginity restoration". For 2 to $5K surgeons rebuild the women's hymen.

Americans spent 14.3 billion on dog food in 2004, 10 billion more than we spent on baby food. - Washington Post.

Only 5% of members of Congress are Veterans and only 7% have a child currently serving in the military - newsday.

The Empire State Building is currently 18% vacant. - new york daily news

For the first time in 2 decades U.S sales of soda have declined, the result of the increased popularity of water, sports and energy drinks NYTimes.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:45:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I would think that $30 of kernels would produce a lot more than 3K considering how ridiculously expensive movie popcorn is. That's sad about the vets. My ex's dad died of a heroine od and he started using in Vietnam.

 
At Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:24:00 PM , Blogger Rusty said...

I guess dogs eat more than babies? Or maybe a lot of that dog food money was spent by people who are of the "my dogs ARE my babies" mentality. Freaks.

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:06:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I think it's because more households have dogs than babies. Plus, dogs of all ages eat dog food. Babies eventually eat regular food

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:07:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

I can understand outsourcing medical trials. I did a medical trial once, and I hated it. My 6 hours, and 8 vials of blood were not worth the $96 I was paid. I'm sure Chan Zhao Dong could find much better use for that $96 than me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home