Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekend



The weekend was excellent. Saturday we went down to Groton CT to see my Aunt and
Uncle as well as my cousins and their kids. I am the youngest of all the cousins so it was a pretty good gathering of folks. We ate lunch and hit the beach for a few hours and the water was very nice (barring some seaweed). We went "hermit crabbing" and the kids just had a grand time. Yours truly did most of the hunting but my oldest nephew was good at spotting them so that helped. I think in the end we had 20 of them. The kids were going wild.



We then went back and ate and played some wiffleball. The grandparents sat on the deck and cheered the kids on. I am sure they were tickled pink for the next few months. At one point the oldest nephew and I were in the "field" and I said "We need to let the little kids win". This nephew will be 9 this fall and he was a real good sport, dropping balls and throwing the ball away he told me that he was worried that Grammy and Grampie would think he was "bad" at this game but I said to him
they are glad you are playing and making it so much fun for everyone. It was an incredible day..it really was super and their house is one of my favorite if not favorite house I am allowed in to on any basis.

Sunday my company had its annual picnic. It is such a massive spread and it goes for two days. We arrived about 20 minutes after you are allowed to get in. We were in the petting zoo, and on the rides for quite some time until we sat down to eat. We all ate pretty well then went to do more of the fun things. Sadly the weather started to turn not so good and they had to cancel the rest of the day to keep it safe. Surprisingly the kids were okay with needing to be done for the day. I won't bore you will what they have to do and what we did but let just say your local 4th of July carnival can't hold a candle to this "picnic" and its all free for families of employees.

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 15, 2005 11:05:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Said nephew will actually be 9 this fall.

 
At Monday, August 15, 2005 5:07:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

edit..real good and I am his godfather!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home