Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Dream continues


It has been a few weeks since I picked up the Z3.  I’ve been driving it some, not a ton but that is sort of the plan.  I am just about ready to get gas in the car for only the 2nd time and I personally have only put about 300 miles on it since I purchased it. (I set the odometer to play around).

Thankfully there have been no issues.  I had to get it back to the dealer for about 5 days total.  One of the hold outs on the car was having them replace two seatbelt brackets.  Part came in, seats came out (much more work than I expected) and they had a human error moment and needed to order a part for the seat.  Of course, it happened on Friday, part didn’t arrive until early Tuesday, but I had the car back Tuesday when I got home from work.  Good as new.

Struggling with what to do with the radio.  As a music fan I really want music while I drive.  The stereo is still the stock stereo with AM/FM and cassette.  The trunk has a 6 CD changer that I’ve had issues with.  It just won’t read CDs.  I know people think “Who cares” but it’s part of the car, I have CDs and I’d like it to work.  Trying to decide how hard I want to have it looked at?  The tape deck works fine, and AM/FM does the job. 

For Father’s Day I got a blue tooth FM adapter and played some with streams off an iPod nano (yeah, I know) and my phone I need to play with some, but I am pretty sure I am good to go. 

The volume knob on the stereo seems to like to turn only on occasion.  For example, when I “turn it up” I might have to spin it 5-6 times for it to go up 1 level.  Other times 1 turn has it go 1 level.

It is a 22-year-old car. I need to relax.

Last part on the radio I am wrestling still with updating the radio, but struggle with the integrity. Keeping it original.  When I say to folks “Would you put a GPS/Screen/Blu Tooth stereo in a 57 Chevy everyone quickly says “NO!”.  So, I sort of feel the same.

Otherwise the car has been a blast.  It been a little hot already in June and its hard sometimes to forget that you can get sunburnt (and I refuse to put the top up and use the AC!).

Fallen down the wormhole of YouTube videos and detailing of the cars.  Again, so hot and water bans in effect make me feel guilty but much of the work comes in the buffing etc.  I don’t have a shady spot to work in either but sort of want to just crank up the music and give it a bath.
Finally, as far as the run/drive etc.  I am not a “car guy” in that classic sense.  Its small and fun to drive.  I have always been “meh” on driving even saying if I didn’t HAVE to, I am not sure I’d want to.  This is changing that for me.  Its not the most comfortable car and I wouldn’t want to drive across he country in it..but runs for bread and milk are a whole lot more fun.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home