Thursday, May 14, 2009

Short stuff

Last night my mom called and wanted to know about "ear protection" for a concert she was headed to tonight. Sorta a fun, and funny conversation. Mom, ready to rock out once more.

Years ago the local outdoor amphitheater used to do "package" deals where you could sign up for 5 shows and have the same seats etc. My parents would go to Willie Nelson, Linda Rondsandt, Kenny Rodgers..stuff like that. I can't even think of the last thing they went to. I am SURE it will be way too loud for them no matter what.

On other happy/good news the Providence Bruins won last night and advance to the conference finals next. They play the Hershey Bears, whom they beat good at home, but lost badly to on the road. Should be a good series. As a partial season ticket holder this is the deepest into they playoffs they have gone with me on board. Good times..good times. Possibly three home games Memorial Day weekend..which is good and bad..mostly good though.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, May 24, 2009 11:32:00 PM , Blogger Rusty said...

My mom loves to go see Anne Murray when she comes to the Strand Theatre in downtown York. Hee hee. No ear protection needed for that. ;)

My dad, however, would be sitting in the stands and putting up the horns (probably incorrectly, but attempting it anyway) at, say, Kid Rock if he came to town. That might require some ear protection. LOL. He and I have seen a few fun concerts together - saw Ted Nugent w/Jackyl when I was 12. LMAO.

What concert did your mom go to see? Did she rock out or was it tame? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home