Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A wonderful opportunity presents itself.

The middle of last week I was checking out the web during lunch. (no really I had customers in the office). I stumbled upon a blog post that sparked my interest. The basic idea was a local group was having a charity hockey game between Boston Bruins Alumni, Yale Appliance and the cast members from the movie "Slap Shot". The group was looking for someone to emcee the event. So, on a whim I decided, what the heck. I had been on Boston radio so talking in public is not a big deal, and the other criteria was that I know the "game". I am sure there are more hardcore fans than I, but I am pretty much up there at least regarding the Bruins.

So I fire off an email figuring I am 100th in line.

10 minutes pass and I get a voice mail. It is the woman that is running the game. She leaves information on voice mail on how to get in touch with her. My mind races the next 2 hours with customers in the office. I sneak out and make the phone call.

Well, after a few minutes I found I got the gig.

I will be doing the PA Announcing for the game. I'll intro the players from the Bruins, the Yale Appliance folks, as well as the guys from Slap Shot.

At this time I am not sure who is skating for the Bruins, or the cast, but three that are for sure are the legendary Hanson Brothers. Details are still being worked out so I'll keep you posted on my findings but if you are in the area here are some details.

The event page with how you can get tickets or even have dinner with the players is here

*General Information*
The game is Sunday April 6th at Iorio Arena
(Rte 1 N.) in Walpole MA
The game starts at 1pm.
Tickets for the game are $15.00 each

Most importantly the organization that will benefit from your donation? - The Arc of Greater Boston


To buy tickets on line (or make a donation) here

Check out some links.
The Hanson Brothers on Wikipedia
Slap Shot, the film, on IMDB.com
Slap Shot, the film on Wikipedia

I am sure I'll have a lot more coming....

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:58:00 AM , Blogger B. said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cool March! I'm sure you'll be fantastic. Congrats!

 
At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:11:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

Hey Congrats!!! That is totally cool! Sounds like a fun time.

 
At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:06:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

Congrats!!!

 
At Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:58:00 PM , Blogger Steve H said...

that is so cool! i now have to check my calendar for 4/6!

 
At Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:41:00 PM , Blogger Ritch said...

Heyhey- Ritch here from American Hockey Fan. It was fun to see you guys in Washington. Great news on the game! Maybe we'll take a trip down there and cover it for AHF.

Is Morris playing, or will be be down at the Palm Isle?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home