Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sometimes it really is the little things...



*warning lame feel kinda good post so be careful*

The other night I was doing some Christmas shopping. Picking up a few loose ends when I had a pretty cool, easy idea for Littlest March.

Over the last few weeks, Littlest March has wanted to play with keys. He wants to hang them off his pants and walk around. I am sure he gets it from the school janitors he sees daily.

So I figured, Hey, I'll get him his own clip and few "uncut" keys and put em in a box and he will be good to go. Figure a smart move since he likes both sets of Keys (Mrs and mine) and we'd be losing a car or house key before we knew it.

I enter the large home improvement store and make my way to the key counter. I find a perfect clip, then ask the salesperson about buying 5 or 6 uncut keys because I have a kid that likes keys.

The salesperson tells me that I still need to pay for the key if its cut or not.

me - How much are the keys?
SalesPerson - $1.30
me - Oh that is fine, I can do 5 or 6

The salesperson starts to look and grabs about 3 or 4 different styles when suddenly he stops..

SP - Wait a second..i have a better idea!

He reaches under the counter and pulls out a huge coffee can, FILLED with keys. It appears that the store will get credit for "bad keys" as long as there is a slip. If the slip is there that is all they need and the keys are then just tossed out. For the next five minutes the salesman tears off labels and piles about a dozen keys on the counter.

He smiles and says "Put them in your pocket..we'd only throw them out anyway".

He didn't need to do that, and he then even wished me a "MERRY CHRISTMAS" without a care of offending me and off I went.

Perhaps it is that time of the year......

*odd that this is post #666??!

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:19:00 AM , Blogger Ryan Spaulding said...

Jingle Jingle Jingle

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 12:20:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL great story!

Merry Christmas :)

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:01:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Aw, that is a nice story. And you are a nice daddy!

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:46:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh what a nice Salesperson!!


Hope you have a great Christmas!!


RR

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:44:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Aww, that was nice. How long till you and Mrs. get tired of the sound of 100 keys jangling :)?

 
At Thursday, December 20, 2007 7:31:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right I am getting him the retractable key ring thingy for his belt for christmas!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home