Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Now this is some top secret stuff.

Due to this blog and Forgotten Disc Friday I get the occasional e-mail from bands about reviewing their cds and what have you. Over the last few months I have gotten some goodies from a New York based promotions group. The latest cd that was sent to me was the debut/solo release from Serj Tankian. He is/was the lead singer of the band System of a Down.

The cd arrived Friday or Saturday and I opened it up and the cd was inside..but it was packaged unlike anything I had ever seen so I wanted to share.

Front Side:


What is says in a nutshell - This disc is watermarked and can't be copied..if it is we can trace it back to you.

Back Side:



Nutshell - Once i open it I agree to the terms..if I don't want to I need to call a phone # and overall..i am responsible for "leaking" the cd etc.

Once I opened it:



Nutshell - this was under the flap "THANKS FOR AGREEING ENJOY THE MUSIC!"

Hahaha that part is the best.

On the cd itself it tells me who the cd belongs to (printed right on it) and the site (s) associated with me.

Review is forth coming. Oh yeah the cd is out today.

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:19:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Cool! I love SoaD. Sounds like you have to sign away your first born to listen to that CD.

 
At Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:41:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

That is very cool! You are way too hip now and in the know! ;o)

Now I can't wait to read your review!

 
At Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:37:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

The only thing that I know about System of a Down is that they sing a song called Chop Suey....I think. I believe I saw it on MTV.

 
At Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:36:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

That is so cool! I can't wait to read your review. I love System of a Down and am very curious about Serj solo CD.

 
At Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:48:00 AM , Blogger Potsie said...

That is pretty cool. I think Serj said some dumb shit after 9/11 though. They talked about what he said on Stern.

I am a fan of System of a Down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home