Monday, October 22, 2007

Stuff

Boston had a big sports weekend. The Red Sox won and will go to the World Series. Mrs March is from Cleveland so it was a tougher series than in the past. Of course "anyone but the yankees" is always key.

Raking leaves on Sunday I was listening to New England Patriots game on Sirius. It was the Miami feed of the game and holy cow the commentators for the Dolphins HATE that team. The team is 0-7 but boy they were like a bunch of drunks cussing out the team. "This is the worst backfield I have ever seen play". Funny and sad all at the same time.

Quietly, my beloved Boston Bruins are 5-2, and 6 points out of the top spot in their division (they have played 2 less games than Ottawa who are 1st). They won on Saturday night in a shoot out 1-0. Check that, Saturday afternoon. They moved the game to 4pm so fans could watch the Bruins and then have plenty of time to get home or whatever for the Red Sox. I bet nobody watched the B's game at 4pm either.

We went to dinner Saturday at a local restaurant that has 200 TVs and it was just after the game ended that we walked in..i didn't see hockey on a single screen. Oh well, they can keep winning quietly I'll be happy.

Otherwise the weekend was good, weather wise it was excellent. We got lost in a Corn Maze and just had a quiet weekend.

3 Comments:

At Monday, October 22, 2007 10:30:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

Go Boston! I am rooting for them. My condolences to your wife for the Indians losing. I know it is hard when you team gets knocked out believe me.

 
At Monday, October 22, 2007 12:41:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

200 TVs and not one was turned to hockey? In New England? That surprises me. Down here people are like, "Hockey? What's that?"

 
At Monday, October 22, 2007 4:05:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Well, since I am a Yankees fan, I shall keep very quiet on all this except to say I was rooting for the Indians - sorry Todd! You would have done the same if it had been the Yankees even if Mrs. wasn't from Cleveland!

Glad to hear you had a nice weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home