Thursday, April 5, 2007

Tickets...anyone need tickets??

Sorry for the lack of updates..never realized I was even remotely popular. Lets do some catching up I guess..

Les-see..umm Littlest March has been sick since Monday night. Came home from school/daycare on Monday and went to bed at 5:30. We woke him up at 6 to get him in PJs and he slept until about 4:10 am when he blew chunks all over his bed. Mrs March was off Tuesday so she stayed with him, then yesterday I stayed home...now I think I have whatever he had..my head hurts, I can't stop coughing this super dry heavy cough..and to top that off Little March after getting dressed today announced she is starting to "not feel good". Great..like we have NOTHING else going on this weekend

Tomorrow I am supposed to go see jazz "legend" Sonny Rollins at Symphony Hall in Boston. If my head stops throbbing that is.

Saturday we are taking the munchkins to see Laurie Berkner. It should be fun, if Little and Littlest March are feeling up to the task. We told them today about going and the first thing they both said was "Can we take the train?" Talk about one cure fits all.

Sunday is Easter and we are hosting. It should be fine just my brothers, kids and my parents but still a less throbbing head and stiff joints will work wonders.

Yesterday when home w/littlest march I grabbed the mail and was happy to see my playoff tickets for the Providence Bruins arrive. I feel like a scalper..there were 30 tickets. 2 seats for each of the potentially 15 home games of the playoff run. The hardest part of all, since they have to get the tickets to you is that everything is TBA. As far as dates/times etc. I have the Providence Bruins site bookmarked as a favorite but I'll be there more and more w/the schedule about to roll out.

Speaking of tickets I ordered some tickets for the Pawtucket Red Sox on Monday. Those tickets arrived as well..so I am just a ticket machine. The "Paw Sox" are the minor league affiliate to The Boston Red Sox. I got tickets for three games, all three have some sort of "promotion going on" and all told I spent $83.00 w/all the fee's etc. Little March wants to go to one game (I got tickets for a game where all females that arrive get a pink paw sox shirt). 83.00 for 8 tickets across three games. You can't even get tickets in Boston these days. They have sold out every home game since May of 2003. Its also one of the smallest and most uncomfortable places to watch a baseball game but I digress. They are also not shy about their ticket prices (again if you can find them) $105.00 for a field box seat. I love how they'll charge you $20.00 face for "standing room" tickets too. Guess I won't be going to Fenway Park again this year.

When I had the camera out to take the picture of the tickets I looked out the window and saw this on my suet feeder.



I've got a male and female hanging out right now. Not that wild I realize but the camera was out.

Finally I got a few cds this week *shocker* I know. Grabbed
this

this which I had to grab due to the press its been getting (gonna listen next)
and
this which has kicked my arse x2 this morning. How just a bass player and drummer can make this much a wall of sound is beyond me.

Thats it..i gotta go dose up on some cough medicine..*cough cough*

6 Comments:

At Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:01:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I didn't know the Bruins cliched a playoff spot. It doesn't show that on the AHL's site. The Bears are in though. I'm hoping we keep the cup but I'll root for your guys if the Bears screw up royally. Let me know how Amy Winehouse's album is.

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 9:30:00 AM , Blogger Potsie said...

A buddy of mine has had season tickets for years now, so I got great Grandstand seats at face for the Giants/Sox game.

BTW, Fenway has a homely feel to it. That is what makes it so great. People come to Fenway because it isn't comfortable. It isn't luxurious. But it has something most ballparks do not have, and that my friend is character.

On a side note, I spent $200 on 4 $12 bleacher seats, so I know how expensive it can get at Fenway.

Post-Script: You know Toivonen was in goal yesterday? He's all over the place.

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 2:44:00 PM , Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

march - next Thursday @ Avalon = Umphrey's McGee......
Be there or be Square...

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 5:46:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

Jenny - they have a 4 game road trip going on..i am hopeful.

Joc - Fenway shemway..gimme tickets. Yeah Hannu looked good..too bad they are playing mind games.

Sharon - i'll be at Mono at the middle east down.

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 7:53:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

March - I'll see you there Thursday. Off the top of my head, I know we've been to AT LEAST 4 concerts 'together' but Thursday, I'll meet the man behind the blog.

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007 6:24:00 PM , Blogger Mr. A said...

It's great you so much minor league stuff so close by. A much better deal and the little ones don't really know the difference.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home