Monday, March 12, 2007

Stuff..

Saturday I bore witness to something that the late, great comicMitch Hedberg once commented on.

I was in line waiting for coffee and the guy in front of me wanted a reciept for his donut. "I need a slip of paper to proove my purchase". Ho-lee-crap. It was a comedy of errors that morning. I had one of my 20 gift cards to re-deem but the staff being "swift" keep asking who they can help in line. Since Mr "I need a receipt" is in the front the line only gets bigger as folks buy a single coffee but only have a $5.00 bill. After a few minutes the woman that made my coffee looks at me and says "Why are you still here have you not cashed out?" I just smile...seems that the paper has jammed the recepit printer. We wait...and wait. Finally the manager comes over and hand writes him a slip.

On to other thing(s)
Looking to make a quick buck? If you can find it that is. Marvel Comics have killed off the yawn inducing super hero Captain America. Well seems people see dollar signs before their very eyes. Search ebay and you'll see. Try
this search or even this one and see for yourself. Remember..each issue costs just 2.99 on the "newstand". Also if you are a comic nerd look out for issues 1 and 2 of Steven King's The Dark Tower. It will be Seven issues long..one and 2 are already hard to find.

I think thats it..sorry its not much.

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 12, 2007 10:04:00 PM , Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

I've been behind people like that in line. Very frustrating to say the least. Not a great way to start off the day, but you had such a good attitude about it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home