Thursday, February 22, 2007

I think I am sick..well I am..but there is something wrong

This morning on my ride to work I decided I'd stop and get a coffee. After the holidays I got a fair number of gift cards to Dunkin Donuts (thanks Cash, KP and Jocular) but I haven't been using them for one reason or the other. Today was going to be the day.

I prefer to go in to the store usually, I am not sure why but its a preference of mine. I place my order and as the young man fills my cup with delishious goodness he pauses and asks...

"Would you like a donut to go with this?"

My heart races..the whole ride there I said "no donuts..none". See I have this "thing" about donuts. I love them. I have been known to say "If I were ever to find a genie and be given three wishes..the first would be to make donuts and bacon the healhiest things you can eat".

To further my "issue with donuts" I have "control" issues. I can't have one. I just can't. Dunkin Donuts, although tasty, have the nickname "Shrunken Donuts" as they are about 3 bites worth at best.

So there I stand...asked the question..gift card in hand that could unlock a dozen donuts EASY. I could eat them in the car...and bring in 10 or 8 or 6 for co-workers that share the love.

Suddenly..out of nowhere..and before I could stop myself I said

No...Thank you anyway.



There is something wrong...

9 Comments:

At Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:24:00 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Good will power! I love their toasted coconut donuts. Now, since I have no idea what you look like, I will picture you as Homer :) Mmmmmm...forbidden donut...

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:47:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:49:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is some restraint there march! I'm impressed. I find that turning down treats becomes easier each time you do it.

I would like to see chocolate chip cookies become health food.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 11:12:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that T-Shirt! Except it's an ugly brown color. I like the blue better.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:44:00 PM , Blogger Potsie said...

You didn't do your co-workers any favors. You should have bought the donuts. Not for you, but for them. The little people. The people that assist you. That was your way of saying thank you, and you blew it.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:15:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donuts are all goodness.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 7:47:00 PM , Blogger jenni said...

Turning down donuts IS hard - way to go! I'm with you on bacon, too.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 6:44:00 AM , Blogger Special Guest said...

It's an illness.

I used to like them but worked in a donut shop after school in high school. Now I will only eat one if I am hungry and that's the only option. Just imagine. I used to give away DOZENS of the sweet little bastards to my friends, daily.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 10:44:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

See, my problem is limiting it to just two.


I don't even pretend I'm not going to have one

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home