Monday, February 26, 2007

Dull..time to pruge..


Over the weekend we "laid low" which is good. I paid off some bills and went to put things in my "file system" and just realized it was time to see just what was in there. Okay I have been saving stuff way too long. A quick "Hey Mrs March how long should I keep these stubs and this paper work etc?".

The response was music to the ears "Well for those particular...six months". Holy crap..i had stuff since 1998.

Thus began the "shred fest". Its fun to read some old statements that indicate you were once young and had free time to wine and dine your wife (I spent how much on dinner for two??!"). Seeing old checks go buy, old cell phone bills (I know..what I do have those saved for?!)

After a solid hour of shredding with the help of Littlest March (which slowed the process down some) I realized there is much more to do. It looks like you only need to keep cancelled checks until they "come back to you". Save them if it was a check for a "donation" or "home improvement". Otherwise those returned Master Card statements..SHRED em.

I need one of those massive hopper shredders..man its cleansing...and I am addicted. Gimme more to SHRRRRRRRRRREDD.

Man I am so lame..

"How was your weekend?"
me - AWESOME I shredded paper for like 1.5 hrs!

There is something to be said for on-line paperless banking.

3 Comments:

At Monday, February 26, 2007 1:12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha you sound like my hub! He loves to shred flyers and junk mail along with the boxes of old bills and bank statements. He even comes by my desk looking for things to shred. It's a wonder there is anything paper left in the house.

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 2:22:00 PM , Blogger Potsie said...

How much are shredders? I need to get one.

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 4:06:00 PM , Blogger psacake said...

What to keep, and for how long:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/mtg/20000518h.asp

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home