Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Its fun to dream...

Man my losing streak continues.

I am one of those people that plays the lottery but only when it goes over some huge amount (say 100 Million). Not that $100.00 wouldn't do the trick most days.

Most have probably seen/heard that the latest powerball winner over 250+ Million was a couple in their 80's. Honestly, good for them..seriously. The husband is a war veteran and they have 3 sons they can share the wealth with. If you think about it..its better than a 22 year old getting this kind of dough.

We all play that game "what if" and I'd like to plead my case as to why the March to the Sea family should be the next massive lottery winner

- married couple both parents work
- two kids, one in elementary school, the other to start in the fall of 2007.
- two cars both paid off..but "older"
- small, yet comfortable home

We are an American Family that doesn't live outside its means. Come on..imagine our smiling faces on yahoo.com as the latest winners. You'd all say "Oh thats great a young married family with kids...nice amount of money to do things, save for retirement/college and live comfortably. Say it a few times...you'll agree.

Now that being said..it won't be all about me/my family.

I vow to do "some good" with it...seriously.

The biggest thing is that I'd do a nice sports complex for the community. It would have one if not two ice rinks. Indoor soccer court, another court that can be used for basketball, volleyball etc. It would also have a goods sized pool and an indoor playground for kids. There would be no member fees. It will rule.

I have broken about 4 of the "Seven Deadly Sins" with this post..but still one can dream.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:14:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I know you wouldn't forget your blog buddies. I figure a million wouldn't be too much to ask if you win 250 million :)

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 4:08:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

As a 22 year old, I beg to differ on the comment made in the 2nd paragraph.

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 4:13:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

haha..well "most" 22 year olds..is that better?! You'd hire some great bands for a concert. Other 22 year olds would spend it on text message bills.

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 4:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't think of a more deserving family to win big than the March family. And I'm sure that after you'd built the sports complex there would be a few bucks left for some cds and a new sound system to play them on.

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 7:19:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

Good idea, I didn't even think of having a concert, but now I will. I'll give you a VIP pass. I was thinking more along the lines of African charity work... and a sick collection of really expensive things. Not to mention paying off my parents back taxes, deadbeats ;).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home