Tuesday, January 16, 2007

All over the place...

Bunch of random randomness today....

Late last week the best thing I had done regarding blogging was sign up for a
Bloglines account. Since blogroller is pretty much "dead" this was so easy to set up. Basically you set up yourself and add the links you want. You then can download a small icon to your toolbar that always goes looking for updates. You can set it to every minute to every 24hrs. Then all you need to do is go to your bloglines account and you can see what was updated. Its real nice. The only down side is if you want to comment, you need to get out of bloglines and get to the blog you want to comment on a different way.

Sign up..you'll be glad you did. I added a quick link under my cluster maps if you want to "blog line" me.

Over the weekend I watched
Sunken Treasure. Its a live concert DVD from Jeff Tweedy. Jeff took a little time off from Wilco to tour and film this. If you are fan you'll love it. If you are not sure about him check out the trailer...


Overall I was pleased. He has a great rant on some concert goers talking during his set. That part alone is worth it.

Also this weekend i had a gift card to Newbury Comics burning a hole in my pocket and it was time to spend it. I had a good idea of what I wanted but I need to ask: Why the hell can't I find this joanna newsom cd anywhere?! "We appear to be out of it". I have not heard a single bit of music from it but it has made more top 10 lists in 2006 than I can mention. Still, I found stuff to buy. I grabbed this and this instead. I went to 3 other stores looking for Newsom (I was in an area that had a lot of stores) and none of them had it. I did use the bathroom at Borders though. Also, when in Borders I "looked around" for some unknown reason. I had to harken back on the fact that i just got three books as gifts AND that I was trying not to buy stuff I just didn't need...so I walked out.

In the Sunday Paper there was an article that Anheuser-Busch has developed a "Gluten Free Beer". Shows what i know. There appears to be a pretty big demand. (Google gluten free beer and you'll see if you care)

Oh and finally...
If you live in Mass..good news. Our state reptile is the The Garter Snake. Now if they can just tackle that tax issue next.

Coming tomorrow..my run in w/man ass and a thong and later this week my favorite cds, shows and the like of 2006.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:41:00 AM , Blogger darren said...

you can use bloglines (goto "share" in the right hand panel) to replace the blogrolling sidelink thingy that you use :)

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 8:21:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

I'll have to check out that Joanna Newsom CD.

I'm on a ALT. Country kick these days having just picked up Whiskeytown's last and discs by Son Volt and Uncle Tupelo.

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 8:33:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

darren I am not sure i understand. I thought the link I have just allows others to get my blogline?

Annoyed - I have no idea how it is..i hear there is harp and stuff. I am pretty open minded on stuff so I am curious to see what the fuss is.

Alt country eh..I think you'll dig FDF this week!

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:39:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

Looking forward to it...

Not "Comes a Time" by Neil Young is it?

I've been working on one or two myself...we'll see how they mesh with the new format.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home