Monday, November 27, 2006

Weekend Roundup...

Hope for you American readers your (hopefully) long holiday weekend was good. (and any non-US readers hope your weekends were good). On to the roundup.

I sat down and watched Everyone Stares this weekend. It was the self shot "documentary" on the rise of the The Police. Stewart Copeland narrates the relatively short dvd considering the time it took to shoot. All in all I was pleased. As you'd imagine the audio is less than great being shot on a handheld but you get to see the meteoric rise of this band that really was massive. I am surprised that Andy and Sting tolerated the camera on "all the time". On a few occasions (at least in the film) Stewart would put the camera on a tripod and used a trigger to turn the camera on and off. If you are even a casual fan of the Police you'd dig this.

Turkey - I love it. Honestly part of me waits all year for this and I usually have 2-3 plates of the hot stuff..then sandwiches that night etc. We hosted this year and I reaped the rewards of the leftovers. I need to sadly report that I am sick of turkey. I had it 6 times in three days in various forms and I am sick of it....yeeeccch.

Sunday - Little March and I went bowling. We had a coupon for a free hour of "bumper bowling". I love that bowling keeps score for you now and its actually pretty fun w/the rails up blocking the gutters because GOD do I suck at bowling. March had me in one game by..get this..30 pins. (I am not 100% sure how to keep score) but for example it was 60 her..30 me...then I started to "try" and it got even worse. I think I pulled something too.

When we got home I wanted to set the DVR. Little March had begged to stay up late to watch an American Doll Movie on the Disney Channel. She wanted Mrs March to sit with her so I wanted to set up the DVR for our Sunday programs.

I turned on the New England Patriots, Chicago Bears game to just get the score. At one point they went to the broadcast booth. It was Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. For some bizarre reason I was drawn to not only look but STARE at Aikmans hands. These things were freaking
massive. They stuck out of his dark coat and I trembled. You know what they say about a man with large hands? He wears big gloves.

I think that is it...I gotta go heat up some Turkey Soup.

3 Comments:

At Monday, November 27, 2006 7:25:00 PM , Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving. Bummer about the bowling disaster.

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:00:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

Of course every time Troy tries to put on his gloves he gets a concusion....

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:18:00 PM , Blogger Ryan Spaulding said...

Man Hands!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home