Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Stuff

Seems like the post that Jenni did for Forgotten Disc Friday was a big hit. I hope you have checked it out and I hope she'll write again for the blog cuz man oh man..she writes far better than I.

We had a long weekend here in MA. Took the fun bunch up to Storyland in New Hampshire. The park is smart in they have a deal where if you arrive after 2pm you can pay the full price, but come back the next day (or anytime during the season) and go for a full day. Right as we were about to walk in a woman asked us if we wanted some free passes (she had 2) because she was a season ticket holder and they were done for the year (the park closed monday for the season). That saved us $44.00 so that woman, if you are reading, thank you again.

Traffic was crazy and the lines for restaurants was nuts, but I tried really hard to not let stuff bug me. I woke up Saturday morning with the stiffest shoulder/neck. It was the worst. I still need to turn my body to look to the right. I have no idea what I did but man it hurts.

In Storyland I found the job I want. At the highest point of the park is a version of Heidi's grandfathers cabin in the mountains. The idea is based off the book
Heidi. Anyhow, this grand dad sits outside the house in his rocking chair and just says hi. He nodded off once if not twice while the two marches ransacked his cabin. What a gig though!

Bruins are off to a 50/50 start. Got hammered in game one and one the second. Thank goodness we just started (or is that a bad thing?!)

Thanks for all my links updating their blogs..I had a ton to read today.

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:38:00 AM , Blogger jenni said...

Thanks, March! I'd love to write for FDF again.

Heidi was the first book I read all by myself when I was little, and it's still one of my favorite books. The sleeping grandfather gig sounds great!

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:49:00 AM , Blogger Sammy and Joe said...

Can the old man drink? and or smoke a pipe! Add those elements and you and I will have a resume battle for that gig!

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:05:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

he prolly can drink after work..but smoking is a no no in the park..hahah..he looked cool. Didn't say but 2 words..hangs out at the top of the hill. Not a ton of foot traffic either.

 
At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 3:10:00 PM , Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

Ah, Storyland - you know I love that place!

Sounds good despite the traffic.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:17:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

first of all, don't knock your FDF abilities, becasue you're great at it (as is jenni)

next, "I still need to turn my body to look to the right" might also be an affliction suffered by NASCAR drivers.

It was nice to see the briuns come back (somewhat) strong after that crappy first game.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home