Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Lennon..then something a little lighter...



It was 25 years ago today that John Lennon was shot and it seems to be the trend while bouncing around the radio today that people are talking about where they were when they heard the news. I was in 6th grade and we used to have to wait outside the school before it began (that would never happen now..plus I was a "walker"). We were all just hanging out waiting to be let in when one kid mentioned it. I said "who?" he said "John Lennon". I said "Who is that?". I kid you not. I had no idea who he was. Its odd to think back to it now since I am such a music fan but I am being honest, I had no idea who he was. When I got home I asked my parents about it and they didn't really emote one way or the other. My mother said "I was too old when they were popular" and my dad probably said something like "Damn hippies" or something. I can't say that after the news I was thrust in to trying to buy or listen to the Beatles, it came later. Times were different, I couldn't surf the web on his name, I couldn't download a song and we didn't have cable so we were stuck to 3-4 channels and 99% of the time it was what mom or dad wanted to watch. There is no denying the joy he gave to millions and I too have become a fan. Hopefully he is at peace and his family will stop bastardizing his legacy.

***update*** the u2 link is dead and I can't even find it now on ebay to update it..
U2's backdrop from the Boy Tour is one of the fun finds I had on ebay recently. Its fun to put in something "random" then when the selections come up sort by "highest first". Its also fun to do with Ferrari, Miles Davis and of course, the beatles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home