Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Gobble gobble and all that jazz.

Can someone please..anyone.... tell me (without searching the web) a SINGLE song that Arlo Guthrie has done other than Alices Restaurant? Sweet mother of all that is good an holy. This has to be far and away the WORST of the worst holiday traditions in playing this garbage passed on as a Thanksgiving Song every year at noon on Thanksgiving Day.. Walking into a store and seeing Christmas decorations before Halloween doesn't send me into a rage as much as hearing even the utterance of this silly, overly long, self induldget, DATED heaping (and steaming) pile of dung to ever come along (before creed, nickleback etc).

A "rock" station here in Boston has an advertisement for this happening on Thanksgiving at noon. "Our holiday tradition continues". Hey Mr (or Mrs Program director) NOBODY wants to hear this. The only people that do are stuck in a car going somewhere and its and excuse for the kids to "pipe down" so they can hear this morons song. It blows. Stop playing it.

I know you are saying "March then don't listen" I won't trust me.

Then I see this nob even tours. You know what i bet he is the kind of asshat that would NOT play this song at his show..you know, only whips it out for those "special occasions". For him those occasions must mean "Holy crap I am NOT playing a state fair for once?"

End it..please stop.

I thought that Adam Sandler was going to give us something else with his "Thanksgiving" songs but those are so played out he had to do a part 2..just to keep cashing in. I swear there is a third version too. Both those songs suck too.

My goal on thanksgiving is to NOT hear Alices Restaurant and eat at minimum three plates of food. That my tradition..you are welcome to join me.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:57:00 AM , Blogger Dim said...

Dude. "City of New Orleans". They used to play that over the test patterns early in the morning when I was a kid. Before TV programming came on for the day. Just sayin'.

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:32:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

LIAR!! now go back to bed!

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:11:00 PM , Blogger Rusty said...

Is this just a Boston thing, March? Here in south-central PA, we do NOT get "Alice's Restaurant" at noon on Thanksgiving Day. In fact, I've literally never even heard the song except when I (unfortunately) saw the movie. We do have a dingy truck stop restaurant up the highway by the same name, but I've definitely never been there. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home