Friday, July 6, 2012

So whats been cookin?

So, what is up?  How you been?  Quiet around here I take?  Okay, lets try to have some fun.

How has your summer been? Its early on so there is time to catch that sunburn and get those bug bites.

So far 2012 has seen a lot of cd releases and I've been very excited with the output. Few records have disappointed

Here is what I am looking forward to in the second half of the year.

No strangers to this blog are Boston Post rockers Caspian .  Hopeful for an early fall release by all accounts. More on that once I hear. Irish band "Therapy?" has been churning out records for years and have been ignored here in the US (hence no Boston show since 2001). I am 99% sure the record is out I just need to order it. Dead Can Dance are due with a new record in August (with tour but no Boston show) and there are strong indications that The Sword, Maserati, The Avett Brothers,
The Sea and Cake, Dinosaur Jr., Band of Horses and Animal Collective will have things out in September.
Other stuff that may see a release here that I am curious about are Codes in the Clouds  and Goonies Never Say Die
On the live show front been a little light this year for me with 8 shows in the books but the summer in to the fall is really heating up. There are always things I'd “like” to go to.
And So I Watch You From Afar  play TT The Bears Place  on July 26th and then
Built to Spill  stop by the The Met Cafe  Providence on August 31st, but the same night is rumblings of Caspian opening for Arms and Sleepers  at TT the Bears.    What to do what to do.......

Life is Good Festival returns for two days in September. I have some media pass requests in now so I am hopeful. The line up is very strong. Then, Monday right after I hit the TD Garden  for Peter Gabriel as he does “So” in full. The night after that I'd love to see the Alan Evans Trio  at the Met Cafe, but...I might find myself a single man by then. The following Monday God Speed You Black Emperor come to the Orpheum Theater

Toss a few jazz shows in there as well as Bob Mould  doing his "Copper Blue" (Sugar)
album in full..and just about anything else you can toss my way.

I told a buddy that all bands that I like need to NOT book shows From September 1st to October 20th. I want to see stuff, but they are piling up!

As always I'll try to post more on Caspian news cuz I just dig em way too much and there will be more on Life is Good.

Hopefully updates a little more often...but then again I always say that.

Thanks for stopping over.


1 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:38:00 PM , Anonymous KP said...

Saw this on my music news site yesterday and thought of you. Hope all is well with you.

http://www.theprp.com/2012/07/09/news/caspian-sign-with-triple-crown-records-new-album-waking-season-due-this-fall/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home