Thursday, August 4, 2011

No..who have YOU seen in concert?

Being in to music as much as I am I like to talk with fans of all ages an hear about their concert experiences. I may or may not like a band, but its always neat to hear about peoples "big" shows, or the shows that get you to react "Oh wow..you saw ______".

So it got me to thinking. I am not sure I know anyone that saw Led Zeppelin live. Even the re-hashes of the band every few years. What I am talking about is the full on 1970's version. Same with the Doors and Jimi Hendrix..but I do know someone that went to Woodstock in 1969 and did see Jimi play. This dude I believe to have went too, vs others that may have claimed to have been there. I had a customer at work that saw Bob Marley and the Wailers..but don't know of anyone else. Other "icons" (again all subjective) Janis Joplin (no) but Frank Zappa (yes).

My wife saw "The Who" but not with Keith Moon. (I saw them as well before John passed away). My cousin saw The Clash. My oldest brother Marvin Gaye, the Clash and the Talking Heads for example.

Age plays in this I understand. Some bands disbanded in the 80's..while others, well they didn't make it out of the 70s (as a band..or alive) so that factors in to it.

I don't know anyone that saw AC/DC with Bon Scott. The Grateful Dead with Pigpen is another one that as eluded me.

Not sure where I am going with this, just felt like babbling I guess.

Check..check 1, 2

1 Comments:

At Friday, August 05, 2011 4:24:00 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Bob Dylan, And Tom Petty was an awesome show especially eh set they did together.

And I did see Dee Snider of Twisted Sister get arrested on stage.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home