Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Butterflies..panic..happiness and sadness..scared too..

I sit here a few hours before face off.

I know, most people don't care about Hockey, but I do.

It is “My” sport. I am sure others could be considered more a “super fan” than I. I've remained as loyal as possible, always rooting, always hoping for the best....heck I even support the minor league team.

Sitting here a few hours before a game 7 is difficult. I want them to win...badly. For selfish reasons, for any reason at all you can figure. Just win. Please??!

I've had fun watching facebook chums, and co-workers that don't, or didn't care months ago suddenly falling in love, well at least lust, with a sport I like so much.

We have been fortunate in New England the last few years with the Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox all winning the big one. Some will say “spoiled” and that is fair too. Heck most teenagers these days have no idea of the “dark days” us old folks have had to endure. The Red Sox went 80+ years for goodness sake. I can understand the thrill to long time fans and I was on my couch hoping for the playoff win(s) like countless others.

This is different though....

I care.

Far too much.

I am not a face painter or shirt popper or finger #1 wagger.

I just want to feel it has been worth it

Win or lose it has been a great, fun ride and I am sad the season comes to an end but the playoffs have been long and guys are getting hurt so its time to “reel it in” and close it down for a few months.

For the fans young and old I am hopeful and hope to celebrate something that has been a long time coming.

Lets go Bruins clap clap, clap clap clap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home