Monday, June 1, 2009

First batch of homebrew

About 15 or so years ago I decided to try my hand at making beer at home. It went pretty well...but I never made it again. A few months ago I decided it was time once more. I got all new stuff and decided to get it rolling.

Being a fan of Nut Brown Ale I decided that was what I'd make. The brew process was pretty easy and the bottling went fine. After 2+ weeks in the bottle it was time. I got em nice and cold (I know..cool is better) but wanted it cold.

Here goes....



Okay..we are ready. Beer, glass...opener.



A good pop off the top of the bottle. The foam was easy to control.



A view from above.



Almost done. It was pretty smooth, cool enough, not a ton of carbonation..we have been burp free!



Done! I am overall pleased. The big bottle just ease in the bottle process..and it makes drinking all the more fun. I've got about 20 more bottles to go, already trying to think what I'll do next.

3 Comments:

At Monday, June 01, 2009 12:13:00 PM , Blogger Dim said...

Awesome man! Save one of those puppies for when you come over to watch Dexter.

I've made two beers before (an Octoberfest and an ESB) and am currently on my second batch of wine.

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 5:11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How FUN!

- your biggest fan! ;-)

 
At Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:55:00 PM , Blogger Viszlát Sjáumst said...

Nice work! That looks like a tasty ale.

I used to brew beer with a friend about that same time ago (~15 years). Recently, there's been chatter about picking back up on it. Hasn't happened, yet, but this should get the conversations going again.

The 20 oz. bottles are definitely the way to go. Less bottling - and more beer per bottle. Win-Win, in my book.

Sláinte!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home