Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Really?

Last night after the kids had completed their homework and were sort of in that "grey" area where it was not quite time for bed I found myself with a little short bit of time so I sat on my bed and read a few pages of a book.

Little March comes in to the room and says..

"Dad you do this every night!"
What do I do, I ask
"You come up here..and you read"

I do? I am a far cry from a "reader". I try, here and there to read stuff (that is not magazines or cd liner notes) but I am glad she notices and "thinks" I read all the time. That is a good thing, and I will try to read more each night!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:59:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude
Reading is Fundemental
I try to recreational read (not work) every day, usually at night. My kids even leave me alone if I am reading a book. Although Katie (3.5) may ask if I will read her book next...

 
At Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:26:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't kids great for making us feel like heros even when we don't exactly feel like it ourselves?

One of my kids once said "mom you're a lot calmer than some other moms I know"

I never really thought so but okay . . . I'll go with that.

 
At Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids are ALWAYS making comments about how I read so much. Unfortunately, they usually seem to catch me reading comic books.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home