Monday, December 15, 2008

Why do I get bent out of shape????

Now before we dive in too far..i just want to say I love Mrs. March..this really has nothing to do with her (per se) but I wanted to put that out there.

Two times in the last week I have gotten slagged off, perhaps only slightly to some, but still it pisses me off..why I am not sure really.

Last week we had a holiday cookie contest. Basically it just an excuse to skip out of work for a bit, eat cookies and if you 'win' you get bragging rights. Last year I won 2 of the three categories.

So I am bringing my cookies up to the room and a woman asks me "Did you REALLY makes those or did your wife?"

Then today I had my stack of holiday cards and a co-worker says "Did you wife do all those?"

What the fuck..seriously. My wife does enough honestly (some days too much..all we did was clean the house yesterday). I digress.

I loathe the stereotype of dumb guys that can't do laundry or cook or whatever. We each pull our weight around the house. To that I loathe the stereotype that women can't change a tire for example....

The cookies, she had nothing to do with. This was a work thing for me and she had other stuff to do. The cards, well she took the picture of the kids and ordered them. Last night I sat and sealed them and did the labels, stamps etc. It is give and take.

Not sure why it angers me so much...i am not THAT helpless really.

5 Comments:

At Monday, December 15, 2008 10:50:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand getting riled.

I hauled out or snow tires from the basement and loaded them in the back of the truck to take them to the service shop to get them installed and my neighbor lady says "huh, shouldn't your husband be doing that?"

What? Can't I throw around tires too?

And hub? He makes awesome jams and jellies.

I say phoey to stereotypes.

 
At Monday, December 15, 2008 11:20:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

I understand the neighbor might have said its "dirty work" but I agree..you need to get it done..so just do it. My wife has other stuff going on..if laundry needs to get done she might throw in one load to my three..but she helps fold..its all give and take.

 
At Monday, December 15, 2008 11:40:00 AM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

You tell 'em March.

 
At Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:38:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

My husband is a better cook then me and he really enjoys it. I hate it and am not very good at it.

It is totally a give and take thing.

 
At Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:39:00 PM , Blogger Chris said...

It's about time someone stood up for us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home