Friday, December 28, 2007

I am here to help..really.

Looking for a New Years Resolution that might be easy to keep?

How about finding a new band, singer or artist in 2008. As the year comes to a close I'd like to share with you someone I just heard about that I think the bulk of you readers will like.

Her names is Sharon Jones, and her band is called the Dap Kings.

I read about the new cd right here and was really interested right away. I headed over to her myspace page and began to click on song after song, loving each more than the last. That weekend I grabbed
100 Days, 100 Nights and the cd has hardly left the player since. It is just awesome. There are a fair number of Amy Winehouse fans these days and the Dap Kings played on her latest cd, so the "sound" is all there if you dig it.

Santa brought me Naturally and I only need one more Dap Dippin to complete the set.

A day or two after I found out about her, I saw she was playing a show in Boston, and it was sold out. I checked the local Craigslist and found a lot of like minded folks were without tickets..a lot of begging went on. I didn't get to the show, but she is on my radar to see live. I keep checking her myspace page and the official page for tour dates.

If you hit her myspace page for some tunes be sure to check out
100 Days, 100 Nights (that is the lead single) and "I'm Not Gonna Cry" and "How Long do I have". If you get busted shakin' your rump by a co-worker, spouse, life partner etc crank the speakers up and get your groove on.

Here is just a sample of what Sharon is like live.


This gets the March to the Sea seal of approval..and I think you'll dig as well.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, December 30, 2007 7:17:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

holy shite - that is great! never heard of her before - thanks!!!!

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2007 6:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

New year resolutions are never easy. As soon as I set one, it's the most difficult thing I've ever done.

 
At Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:45:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

Thanks for the suggestion! She is great! I am definitely picking some of her stuff up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home