Monday, November 26, 2007

I don't get it....

Perhaps it is that the holiday season all but landed on our laps this past week. Or, that I have really done "zero" to be ready for the visit from one "Jolly Ol'e Saint Nick" in now 30 days but I have a question...

The "deals" on black Friday (and now black Monday) are store only deals for a set number of hours (ungodly hours 4am to 9am door busters anyone?). I realize the idea is that if you go to (insert store here) for (insert super deal item here) the chances of you getting more stuff is pretty high. I get it, foot traffic, impulse shopping all that. What I have a hard time understanding is that stores, and dealers, are so willing to take a hit on the item why not have a random sale to up your foot traffic in say April? Stores are always saying "oh the holidays are good but come the late winter it gets pretty quiet". I guess what I am saying, or getting at, is why not have these great deals at random times thru the year as well. Sure you can have them be at odd hours..but like most people if I get a deal on one item I'll probably walk to aisles to see what else I can't live with out.

My cube mate here at Innetch works part time at the Gap as well. He was telling us that a local "Premium Outlet" (which has a Gap) had a TWO HOUR check out time at the register. He said it was so bad that people put items w/their name on them..then got in line outside the store (for upwards of 2hours???!). Man the shit people do for a pair of khaki pants. Also, L.L. Bean opened a retail store 2 or 3 exits down the highway from the outlets and it did over 1 Million Dollars in business on Friday alone. Finally, adding to the crap people are willing to put up with, the parking lot for Outlets had a FOUR HOUR traffic jam to get in to them. Honestly folks..give up..seriously its not worth it.

7 Comments:

At Monday, November 26, 2007 10:34:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you 100%. I avoid these insane sales and shop online, or during a random weekday at some local mall. My sanity is just so worth it.

Good idea about the random sales during the year...they could even call it something campy like "Christmas in July".

 
At Monday, November 26, 2007 10:46:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

I usually avoid the insane sales because I can not stand crowds. The only reason I went out on Friday morning was to see if I could get the Wii. When I got there if there was a line and people running in crazy I would have turned the car around and headed home. No way was I goint to participate in that. Luckily for me there were no lines no craziness and I got what I came for.

I won't be doing that again though. I was too luckily.

 
At Monday, November 26, 2007 10:46:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

oh, I did not go anywhere else that day.

 
At Monday, November 26, 2007 6:26:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

I just don't like shopping period! Ever. So I miss all the deals because I only shopwhen I need something. So I"m with you, it would be nice for them to have sales randomly throughout the year so that maybe I might accidentally hit one and save some money. I would rather gouge my eyes out and eat them rather than stand in line anywhere for something to buy!

 
At Monday, November 26, 2007 6:30:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

So glad I stayed home that day.

 
At Monday, November 26, 2007 6:35:00 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Sad pathetic people have nothing better they can be doing! I'm glad....they can stimulate the economy and stay off the trails!!! Woohoo!

 
At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:05:00 PM , Blogger Viszlát Sjáumst said...

Unbelievable. That's all I can say. I was coming home late Thanksgiving night (about 1:00 a.m.) from my cousin's house. I was on the highway and I passed said "Premium Outlets" ... there was a FOUR MILE long backup - both North and South. FOUR MILES.

So, I flipped them all the bird as I drove by in the outside lane...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home