Monday, September 24, 2007

I did it!

I did a home improvement project, well slight repair, this weekend and I did 95% of it by myself AND..AND I didn't curse once.

I had a faucet in my bathroom that had a slow drip. We had to have some other plumbing work done a few weeks ago and I asked the guy about replacing a washer. He told me some mumbo jumbo and that the best bet is to just replace the whole thing (to the tune of 289.00 IF we supplied the faucet).

So I talked to my dad and asked if he could help..be there for support. I will say that I am NOT the most handy of guys. Outside in the yard I am pretty good, but carpentry, wiring, plumbing (even "easy" stuff) freaks me out. Both my brothers are good at stuff but both have kids and homes of their own.

All told the replacement took about 30 minutes..and the key thing is we are not leaking. How long will it take me to stop worrying if it will leak? Mrs March put stuff back under the sink last night so she has faith in my work.

Not ready to take out and replace a toilet but my chest is pumped up with pride.

On a totally unrelated note:
Sunday afternoon the Marches and I went for a bike ride at a "rails to trails" place about 10 minutes from us. On the ride back home
one of these went past us on the opposite side. My question...if you could afford such a car (The 2004 Lamborghini Murcielago starts at $279,900) also I am not sure they make these) but anyway..if you could afford one..would yours be LIME GREEN? I kid you not..one of the coolest looking cars, priced TWO TIMES as much as what we paid for our home passes us on the highway and its LIME GREEN?

4 Comments:

At Monday, September 24, 2007 10:42:00 AM , Blogger psacake said...

The Toilet is easier than the faucet! You don't have to climb under anything!

 
At Monday, September 24, 2007 12:54:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

Why Lime Green? Because it's an effin Lambo. If you want a supercar that is classy buy a Ferrari or an Aston Martin, if you want a supercar that is batshit insane buy a Lambo. Of course if I had that kinda of money I wouldn't buy a Lambo at all, to garish for me. Different strokes for different folks.

 
At Monday, September 24, 2007 4:27:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Hey now that you have tackled the leaky faucet, feel free to come down to my neck of the woods anytime! I got some nice electrical work you can tackle next! ;o)

And what's wrong with lime green? That picture looked like a toy car, maybe it was green cause he was a leprechaun.

 
At Monday, October 01, 2007 7:34:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that same car on the Pike (Massachusetts Turn Pike for those not in the know) probably 2 or 3 days a week. Although I though it was the Gallardo not the Murielago.
Either way, still crazy daily driver!
Congrats on the Faucet. I agree with cake the hopper is easier

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home