Thursday, June 21, 2007

Stuff...

Lack of updates are abounding, not only here but many of the other blogs and sites I read. I guess its the nice(r) weather perhaps.

I grabbed the latest White Stripes cd this week. It is actually playing in the background as I type. So far its what I expected which is usually a pretty solid effort. Currently though, in all honesty, little holds a candle to Caspian. No record in 2007 has gotten more spins and "holy shit" moments from me. The band is from Boston so there is hope I will see them sooner than later. The band has the old obligatory myspace page. Click one or any of those songs, and crank your speakers up. No lyrics..just awesomeness. Some smart film/tv director/producer is going to come along and snatch them up soon..i can tell.

Other cds getting many spins.
Battles Sweet mother of all that is good and holy this record rules. I had been a fan of the band members prior work (Don Caballero/Helmet etc) and read one stellar review after the next and said "Let's Do This". I am pretty "brave" when it comes to following the lead on reviews. Granted the latest Destiny's Child could get smoking reviews and I'd ignore it (like all their other albums)..hey to each their own remember? Amy Winehouse is another artist that had a lot of press (good for her record bad and good for her image) couple that with a "smart move" on the labels part to have the cd be less than 10.00 and I said "what the hell". I didn't get it at first, now I do. It is very strong.

In a moment of weakness I bought a set of these a few weeks back. Limited to 1000 and already looking at doubling my money if I so choose. Speaking of Wilco I am FINALLY set to see them next week in Boston. Barring "new" bands there are not a lot of bands left on my "I need to see them" list. Somehow Wilco has eluded me up until now so hopefully the kids will stay healthy and I can have something to write up. The night before Wilco I am set to see The Nightwatchman which is actually Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine/Audioslaves) new/side/other project. A coworker loaned me the cd and I found it to be BORING. Tom is a great guitar player but he chose to keep the record a mellow and "samey" record. One ripper on the cd would have been nice. Hopefully live I'll be "pleased".

That is about it. Caspian..get it..today..and thank me later.
-march

5 Comments:

At Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:42:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so tireless in your pursuit of new music...I've can use your site to 'sample' music I might never otherwise hear.

 
At Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:10:00 PM , Blogger Mr. A said...

As always... I haven't heard of any of them. I will have to seek one out.

I got your questions at the podcast. I can't post about the show but will be happy to tell you all about it through email.

Shoot me one.

People_places_things@hotmail.com

 
At Friday, June 22, 2007 1:42:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Where is your obligatory myspace page? HRMMM? ;-)

 
At Monday, June 25, 2007 1:40:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

jenniferrrrrrrrrrr.. no myspace page for me. I've got nuttin to promote!

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 2:08:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I've got one, Z-Sid has one, Michelle has one...what are you waitin fo?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home