Monday, May 1, 2006

Whoops..march made a boo boo.

So I have been going on and on about La La for a week now (at least) but its a learning process and I want to share stuff with you in case you decide to sign up.

Late last week I was reading the site and a few people said "Its a great tool since its like a database and I can list my entire collection!". So for the next hour or so I just clicked on stuff I "owned". When I was done I was up in the 400+ range. Okay fine good.

3hrs later I am on the computer and I check my e-mail account attached to lala. 115 NEW MESSAGES. Oh CRAP! Sure enough I had over 100 requests for cds off my list.

The good news is you don't have to send the stuff. It just seems to scan the database to see who has a cd you have as a want. Basically your "HAVE" list is the cds you are willing to trade. So I did some deletion of cds that I just won't ever trade (at least now). Its down some..but I am still getting 2-3 requests a day for cds.

On the plus side I have done 15 trades so far. I am using it to get cds that I was not too sure of to begin with, but I wanted to hear. The latest "trade" coming my way is the Tortoise/Bonnie "Prince" Billy called The Brave and the Bold. It had just some awful reviews as it lacked "direction" or any real purpose etc. The thing is, at least for me, if Tortoise is involved it at least deserves a "spin". So its coming.

So, my one thing to tell you if you join and decide to list even say 100 cds...expect some emails.

1 Comments:

At Monday, May 01, 2006 5:09:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

I'm pretty sure I saw that Bonnie Prince Billy dude open a show from Sigur Ros and Bjork back in 2003. If it's the same guy I'm thinking of it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen, second only to Jackie-O Motherfucker. Anyway, the dude was so bad I actually began to heckle, and I never heckle. The girl behind me was crying during the set, she thought it didn't suck, obviously she was wrong.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home