Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Clever or just to drive me nuts?

Have you seen the new commercials for VW? You know, the ones where you have no idea what is going on because its a car full of 20 somethings yammering on and on and all of a sudden there are skids and air bag deployments. What the HELL?! That ad scares the piss out of me every time (I think I have seen 2 of them?). I can watch hours of car crashes during a Nascar race and I even rubber neck on a highway (yep blame me) but man this is freakin me out. Now if you are trying to tell me you have a safe car I guess I have to believe you. If you are showing me that accidents happen in a split second you also accomplished that. Never before have I wanted an ad to warn me that I am about to stain my jockey shorts.

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:26:00 AM , Blogger darren said...

car safety ads in ireland and the uk are pretty intense - ive not seen the vw one you refer to - but i imagine it takes its cues from the safety ads we have.

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:29:00 AM , Blogger darren said...

http://www.abc.net.au/brisbane/stories/s1613301.htm

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:51:00 PM , Blogger Greg said...

march, i know just what you mean. that one where the girls are ragging on the guys about crying at the movie, and all of a sudden, SLAM! i almost soiled myself....

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 3:11:00 PM , Blogger Kris said...

the ads are genius...and you wanna know why? because we are all talking about them and we remember them. that's all they wany...people talking about VW.

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:53:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Kris is right. The first one I saw was the one with the two guys and one is making fun of the other for saying like all the time. I shit my pants when they crashed. I think that one's more traumatic than the movies/crying one because you see the guy's neck whip forward so hard.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:47:00 AM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

I love 'em. But, that's probably because I the only one man enough not to have shit myself whilst watching the thing. I was more annoyed by "like guy." I, like, hate it when, like, people, like, ya know, say "like", like, all the time.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:04:00 AM , Blogger Rusty said...

I just saw the one last night that has the people on the way back from the movies, and even though it was the second time I saw it, it still gave me a jolt and made me cringe. I haven't seen the "like" guy yet, but if Jenny says his neck whips forward, I probably don't want to see it.

March...you watch racing? How did I not know this? (And by the way, who DOESN'T rubberneck at the scene of a grisly accident on the highway?!?! I know I do.)

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

they totally stole the idea from Adaptation

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home