Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Damn it...

The other day I was reading the blog of Annoyed. In a recent post he talked how he had an mp3 player that he loved and the story of replacing it.

I have had an ipod for about 2.5 years now. Little to no issue and I even mentioned that in annoyeds comments.

For Mrs.Marches' b'day this year I got here the Ipod Nano. The reasons were I had the software and was comfortable with all the ins and outs of iTunes and what have you.

Setting that up was a bitch. It never worked at home. I ended up taking the stuff to work and installing it in about 10 minutes (that included some cd rips for her nano). After all that messing around I was SURE my home PC was now Fubar. So I tried it and it was able to load a few new cds I had done..whew.

Last night I decided to add 2 more cds before hockey. As soon as I booted up and connected the ipod I get a message "new hardware". Now all the downloads and reboots and installs and uninstalls for the nano I thought were worked out. So I played along. Zippo.

I did an "update" and the last thing my ipod showed was the "connector" (think like the power charger end you plug in to the all..the connection to your ipod..that one) anyhow it showed that, then went blank. My ipod has been sleeping now for 12+ hrs. I have tried to reboot the ipod, toggle it on and off using the hold, then rebooting, shut down PC, reconnected ipod..downloaded "latest software" again. Zippo. When I do try to re-set I can hear the ipod kinda "start up" but it never does.

So my comment section awaits..anyone have any idea what that "connection" message meant. Or, if you have any other ideas (that don't involve me throwing it against the wall) the comment section awaits your wisdom. We may need to take a drive to an apple store so they can laugh at me "You did WHAT?!" Hey charlie come over here and look at what this dolt did!"

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:31:00 AM , Blogger Kris said...

buy a Mac

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:39:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

I concur with Kris, also make sure you make an appointment with the "mac genius" online before you go. They turning people aways without reservations.

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:42:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

Eric does...it happened to him.
Email him...easetta@gmail.com.

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:15:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

Well, feel free to use any of the pictures from my post!

My "new" refurbished one will be here tomorrow...

Wish me luck! As I wish you the same...

I have a feeling that "update" is what screwed you...

Let us know!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home