Monday, October 5, 2009

Some random stuff...

Don't have a ton to say but felt like writing just a little.

Met with my boss today about vacation and sick time. Come January 2010 I will have been at "Innitech" for 15 years. One of the "perks" come that time is you no longer accrue sick/vacation time. I like to say its "unlimited" time. I know, I know its not really "unlimited" but I don't have to worry about taking time off so much.

That being said, and me being the stellar employee, I have over 480 sick hours accrued..and was told today..that come my 15th Anniversary I "lose them". Too bad he knows I just had a flu shot eh? Too bad there is no payout either. The good news is I need to do the same w/vacation time. I have about 2.5 weeks as of today..so I think we are looking at some short weeks for the rest of the year!

In sports news...no surprise to readers of this blog I was happy to see the
Providence Bruins back on the ice yesterday afternoon. They opened the season with a strong 6-2 win against the Springfield Falcons. They got off 49 total shots over 3 periods. It was a good time as always and I am going about once per month for the entire season.

Speaking of hockey, today is the last day to enter for the "Winter Classic". I've entered about a dozen times...part of me wants to go, the other part can't be bothered..outdoor game, in January..on New Years Day..this is a crap shoot for sure.

Finally..movies. I've been sorta wanting to see more of the classics as of late. There are so many "best of" lists its hard to keep track. Today, I decided to just look at the Top 250 Movies as picked by readers on IMDB.com. Now, I can't say they are the true judges, but they are movie fans right? So here is the breakdown of the top 20.

1. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
2. The Godfather (1972)
3. The Godfather: Part II (1974)
4. Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo. (1966) (The Good, The Bad, The Ugly)
5. Pulp Fiction (1994)
6. Schindler's List (1993)
7. 12 Angry Men (1957)
8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
9. The Dark Knight (2008)
10 Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
11. Casablanca (1942)
12. Star Wars (1977)
13. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
14. Shichinin no samurai (1954) (Seven Samurai)
15. Goodfellas (1990)
16. Rear Window (1954)
17. Cidade de Deus (2002) (City of God)
18. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
19. Fight Club (1999)
20. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

I am kinda actually impressed with myself. Of that 20, there are only four that I have not seen..and 2 of them are the Lord of the Rings. (I know, I know...) but I'll toss it right back at you and ask why you have not seen (insert any of the movies here you have not seen). The other 2 are "12 Angry Men" and "Casablanca" both of which were already in my Netflix queue. I've seen parts of Casablanca, but not the whole thing "unedited" if you will. That is sorta how I called it "viewed".

1 Comments:

At Monday, October 05, 2009 8:08:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Go Bruins! And congrats on being an Innitech for 15 years! What the hell is the deal with losing all your sick time though?

From your list I've seen 1,2,5,6,8,9,10,12,and 19.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home