Monday, April 14, 2008

Reading can be fun...

File under sad but true.

I finished reading the first book of the year for me. I read "Killing Yourself to Live".


I did enjoy it. The overall idea
is that the author, Chuck Klosterman who works for Spin magazine drives to various locals where musicians met their demise. I actually read the book in about 2.5 weeks which is VERY fast for me.

Since I loved "No Country for Old Men"..I decided to get the the book..the odd part just in flipping through it..NO Punctuation (at least when characters speak). this might prove an interesting challenge for me but sort of knowing based off the movie might help me plug along. Lets say the clock is ticking as of "now" when you read this as to when I start..my gut on this..going in...3 weeks. Lets see.....

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Monday, April 14, 2008 3:39:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It actually lacks Punctuation, not Pronunciation.

 
At Monday, April 14, 2008 4:02:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

uggh..see why it takes me so long to read..i've been doing it wrong!

edited..thanks.

 
At Monday, April 14, 2008 4:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

both great books...chuck is a riot and his other stuff is worth a spin too. cormac is a master. the punctuation thing drove me nuts too, but you settle into it and it actually works with the prose. bleak and beautiful. i also loved cormac's "the road."

 
At Monday, April 14, 2008 4:40:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

case - yeah I want to now read the rest of Klostermans stuff..but...i am a slow reader so I'll add to my amazon wish list (to keep track) and then "gift" myself when i complete a book. I look forward to Old Country...i think I'll start tonight...

 
At Monday, April 14, 2008 5:28:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

The Klosterman book sounds good. Good luck with No Country. No punctuation would drive me insane.

 
At Monday, April 14, 2008 8:42:00 PM , Blogger B. said...

No punctuation is better than a book with all words that you can't pronounce. ;)

 
At Monday, April 14, 2008 8:56:00 PM , Blogger Steve H said...

as someone who types punctuationless i might like that...

 
At Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:24:00 AM , Blogger cubmommy said...

My husband has read a few of Chuck's books. He really likes him. He also like the articles that were published in Spin as well.

 
At Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:28:00 PM , Blogger Ello - Ellen Oh said...

WAit - first book of the year? You are just like my husband!

 
At Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:43:00 AM , Blogger March2theSea said...

Ello - yep..first of the year..well barring kids books. *hangs head in shame*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home