Monday, September 18, 2006

Why is it?

why is it....

....every time I pick my nose it's full again in 5 minutes?

.... I can't eat less than 4 plates at an all you can eat buffet
yet
....I can't but help complain for the next 4 hrs of stomach pains

....I can't win the lottery?

....I can't read more than 4 pages of a book and not get bored, no matter how "good it is"?
yet
....I can't walk into a bookstore and not want to buy 2 or 3 books?

....I can't get my boss to let me work from home 5 days a week?

....I can't understand the fascination with reality television?
yet
...I get angry when someone says they "don't get" the Office.

...I loathe everything that has to do with American Idol?

... I shudder at the thought of eating McDonalds
yet
...I'd be the first to suggest Taco Bell?

....there is a fascination with celebrities like Diddy, J-Lo etc..what have they done that I missed?

....you can't get a live person on customer service with out typing in an addition 76 numbers and waiting 20 minutes?

....ipod updates to an 80 gig version within 3 months of me "updating to their latest version"?

....netflix sends me the stuff I am "ehhh" on seeing vs giving a long wait on the stuff I want to see?

....hockey is not the national pastime?
yet
...it loses to freaking basketball in the ratings?

....i get angry when people don't buy albums by their "favorite bands".

....I get get pissed when a pro athlete I like gets "ripped off" on his contract dollar amount when I am *this close* to needing a second job to feed my kids?

....it doesn't seem to snow "as much" as it did when I was a kid
yet
...when I am shoveling the car out at 5:30 in the morning it is "way too much".

....I want to slap the shit out of anyone over 21 that complains MTV doesn't show videos any more.

11 Comments:

At Monday, September 18, 2006 9:26:00 AM , Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

pro athletes can kiss our collective ass. They are all a bunch of babies, in my humble opinion....

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 12:01:00 PM , Blogger Potsie said...

MTV DOESN'T PLAY VIDEOS, YOU ASS!

I have to go to MTV2 to watch them. All MTV plays is reality crap, or True Life, or Laguna Beach.

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 2:37:00 PM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Found you from the hotwire / jocular banter. Good post here on your site. I can't only buy one book either--they're like freaking potato chips!

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 2:38:00 PM , Blogger The Guinness Tooth said...

If I want videos I watch YouTube. I can watch only the videos I want to watch. No longer and I forced to sit through Ciara, Puff Daddy, J-Lo, Christina Agulierra or any of that crap while waiting to see the latest... uh i'm not sure who still makes vidoes. I just watch old vidoes. Like Saturday when I watched Pulp vidoes for about an hour.

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 2:42:00 PM , Blogger March2theSea said...

-sharon - word up!

-joc - i stopped over MTV2 one day..and it was *shocker* NOT VIDEOS!

-manic - thanks for your visit! I wish I read more..its my new years resolution every year "to read more" if kids books count I'd be GOLDEN. Dog, Big Dog, Little Dog, One dog going in, three dogs coming out....

GT - that is a good point..its the only way I have seen any video that might have interested me. I often wonder why bands even make em anymore.

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 3:08:00 PM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Go, Dog GO! Rocks! I know it by heart too!

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 6:29:00 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

People who don't "get" The Office aren't worth talking to.

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 6:53:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi March- Thanks for visiting I've now added you as link as i've been a long time lurker ;)..

I agree with the nose thing, basketball players are asses...I cant win the lottery either (though I'm not playing),Books I buy too many and have to little time to read them (probably because I'm reading tooo many blogs),I hate American/Australian Idol, Love taco bell pissed off they pulled out of Australia!!I love the office though we only get the brittish version, its still great!!!

Love this post !!

RR

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 12:19:00 AM , Blogger Mr. A said...

I love when Nteflix send me the #24 title on my list and right when I'm in the middle of a TV boxset!

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 5:52:00 AM , Blogger Steve H said...

i love 'the office' (but i also enjoy 'american idol')

i don't know why diddy is famous, because i can lay down bad raps while sampling old tunes too.

i've gotten over mtv not shoing videos, so no need to slap me anymore.

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:45:00 PM , Blogger pog mo thoin said...

I will complain about the MTV thing but if they did play videos, I wouldn't watch them anyway. I couldn't think of anything more boring than watching music videos.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home