Friday, December 24, 2021

Holiday Cards - A lost art?


 First, Happy Holidays to you and yours.  Its been a tough few years, and the holidays can always be a "mixed bag" for sure.  Part of you longs for "normalcy" while the other part is totally fine you don't need to hang aroung with (insert persons here) during the holday.

As tradition goes around my home we decided to send a holiday card.  Even with my kids both late teens and early 20's we decided to send a photo card with an image of each child during a milestone moment in their lives.  We chose a template, uploaded the photos, made edits, ordered them, ordered stamps, printed labels and then sent them off.

Close to 70 have been sent.

So far in return, at last count at least....16.

Now I get it.  Its not supposed to be like that and its the "thought that counts" etc.  I also understand most folks are on social media of some sort so I sorta know whats up with them, their kids etc.

Many of the returns are from my parents friends for example.  I don't have a huge family but only have a card from 2 cousins, neither of which i've seen in many years (mostly due to our living locations).  Its great to hear from them.

Is it a generational thing?  My mom recently told me that one of the Aunts I had sent a card to was "thrilled" that they got a card.  See, that is what I feel.  YAY ITS NOT A BILL IN THE MAIL!!

Kudos to those who write in them, on them etc.  I should step up my game.

With all that I'm sorta wanting to send even MORE next year.  Maybe a "generic" card (no images of my kids).

Lost art?  Antiquated?

Do people like them?

I actually love the letters too.  Might do one of them!

Seasons Greetings to you All.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home